Wrigley80's Carnival Vista Inaugural Cruise 5/1/16 photo review

wrigley80

Thank you Holly. It was definitely the most beautiful sunsets that I had ever seen. I will have to check out that thread....thanks for the heads up

One of the most beautiful I've seen a picture of here on CC. :) I know you're busy so I just went and found that thread if you think you might be interested. This one has been up for several years now, 38 pages long. Some beautiful sunsets (and sunrises), but nothing like yours. Oh, on page 37, someone posted a "triple picture" where they actually caught the green flash in the pictures. Here's the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1636142

Looking forward to the rest. :)

One of the most beautiful I've seen a picture of here on CC. :) I know you're busy so I just went and found that thread if you think you might be interested. This one has been up for several years now, 38 pages long. Some beautiful sunsets (and sunrises), but nothing like yours. Oh, on page 37, someone posted a "triple picture" where they actually caught the green flash in the pictures. Here's the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1636142

Looking forward to the rest. :)

Thanks I'll check it out

I think this is a snail, were they serving escargot in the dining room that night?

fb181677c461e3cf45fe4e45a03805a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

A snail is a good guess. We honestly never went to the dining room for dinner

Hey Wrigley, glad I found your review. I'm sure your dad would have loved the Vista...just keep cruising, he would want you to continue doing what you both love to do! Thanks for doing the review, can't wait to get started!

I'm loving your review! I'll be cruising the Vista mid-September so your review is increasing my excitement...which is pretty hard to do as I'm super stoked already. LOL! Thanks for taking the time to write this review and I can't wait to read more. :)

Great review so far! I think you were genius to stay on the ship and enjoy the solitude! I'm curious did you get cheers? Sorry if I missed it.

Also, I agree the pools need to be more accessible but I think they should figure out a way to have sloped entries as opposed to stairs because that would help people in wheelchairs. I know the water park in my hometown has 5 of the 7 pools with that feature which really seems to attract lots of handicap-able people and their families :D. The only reason I could think that this wouldn't work would be spatial considerations. Obviously the pool would have to be larger and/or made more shallow to work like this so it may not be feasible. I'm sure a lot smarter people than me have analyzed the problem.

Edited by stevefrisco

Hello Again....Sorry it has been a while since I posted. I went back to Illinois last weekend to celebrate 4th of July with my Mom. But I am back in steamy Orlando now

Ok so I left off as the Carnival Vista was heading to Livorno, Italy. Livorno was by far our favorite port of call. When we started researching excursions for the cruise Laura and I knew that we wanted to do a wine tour in Italy. Livorno seemed like the perfect port for this.

Laura found the perfect excursion where we could customize what we wanted to do and where we wanted to go. We knew we wanted to go to see the Leaning Tower of Pisa, a Stop in San Gimignano, Italy, and a Wine Tasting at Tenuta Torciano winery. It was an amazing day from start to finish

Seeing the Leaning Tower of Pisa was surreal. You read about it in History and Geography classes but here it is right in front of you. After our stop here we were on to San Gimignano, Italy. San Gimignano is a quaint, little town in the hills of Tuscany. It was a breathtaking drive to get there.

Before driving through the hills of Tuscany...we stopped at a little Italian Cafe

e391ddd2-8376-4082-861e-78416a578da1_zps1ehqbnpo.jpg

Carnival%20Vista%20-%20May%201%202016%20-%20Album%202%20709_zpswd9xiidx.jpg

Carnival%20Vista%20-%20May%201%202016%20-%20Album%202%20725_zpsm7swtiry.jpg

I made my way into the Italian Bakery....OMG I had gone to Heaven

Carnival%20Vista%20-%20May%201%202016%20-%20Album%202%20726_zpssnbnrbrz.jpg

It all looked sooooo good

Carnival%20Vista%20-%20May%201%202016%20-%20Album%202%20727_zpsf7qncwem.jpg

But this was what I came to Italy for.....a CANNOLI

Carnival%20Vista%20-%20May%201%202016%20-%20Album%202%20728_zpsoz64m2j8.jpg

Is anybody drooling on their screen yet???

Carnival%20Vista%20-%20May%201%202016%20-%20Album%202%20729_zpsmtwgl3yi.jpg

Croissant anyone???