Wine bottle price list

don1976

Hi.

Does anyone have a photo of a typical list of wine prices by the bottle please ?

I'm trying to weigh up if it's worth us bothering taking our own wine and then paying the corkage, or whether it's just as easy to buy bottles when on board.

I assume you are thinking about getting multiple bottles.

If so then do a search on "Viva Vino". That is the package where you can buy 4+ bottles as a discounted price.

But the selection of wines is limited for those available for the packages, vs. the full wine list.

True, but that's no reason not to look at it.

Of course not.

However, OP should be aware, when looking at the full wine list, that *not* everything there is available for the discount.

Those bottles are a subset on a *separate* list.

(Last I looked, the wines eligible for Viva Vino are not flagged on the full list, so there's no way to tell from that list which wines might have a discount.)

Trying to avoid having OP show up, thinking any bottles she/he selects will get a discount if purchasing several, when it's then too late to bring aboard other wines off choice and pay the corkage.

Thanks all.

We've never cruise before so apologies for the newbie questions

Do we then pay 18% gratuities on top of the viva vino cost?

Do we simply get one of our bottles from the bar and walk away to drink wherever, or is the bottle kept for us behind the bar and we have to go back for a refill ?

Thanks all.

We've never cruise before so apologies for the newbie questions

Do we then pay 18% gratuities on top of the viva vino cost?

Do we simply get one of our bottles from the bar and walk away to drink wherever, or is the bottle kept for us behind the bar and we have to go back for a refill ?

18% will be added, and they will keep you bottle if you want, or you can bring it anywhere. We drive, so always bring wine. I think the cheapest bottle onboard I'd around $26 after the gratuity, and retails for $6 on land. So, if you bring it and pay corkage, it's $21. The savings gets even higher on more expensive bottles.

Wow! So a $9 bottle of Pinot Grigio goes for $38 with tax and gratuity.

The Ruffino is on the Viva Vino lists (or at least it was when I last looked), and comes in at somewhere between $25-30.

Still expensive, but a lot closer to the onshore price plus corkage, which is the reason why some people decide to buy the package instead of carrying on.

I usually drink red wine with a few vodka cocktails thrown in. If you do NOT have the drink package it is much better to buy the wine you drink at home and pay the $15 corkage fee on each bottle. You will still be cheaper per bottle and have decent wine to drink.

Lately, even the drink package does not have decent wine but the alcohol you can get with the package makes it worthwhile.

Lynda

This might help too, just for instance, with the Pinot Grigio (yes the $9 bottle) it's 25.96 in the Viva Vino package. You have the ability to mix n match any wine within the same level.

I can't say for sure if this is totally accurate, perhaps if someone knows of changes they could update it and that would be greatly appreciated.

VIVA VINO

by Norwegian Cruise Line

4 Bottles - $88

6 Bottles - $132

8 Bottles - $176

___ Beringer, Sparkling White Zinfandel – California

___ Lindemans, Bin 90 Moscato – Australia

___ Ruffino, Pinot Grigio – Delle Venezie, Italy

___ De Aureo Spirito, Sauvignon Blanc – Langeudoc, France

___ Woodbridge by Robert Mandavi, White Zinfandel – California

___ Alice White, Chardonnay – Southeastern Australia

___ Colores Del Sol, Malbec – Mandoza, Argentina

___ Ravenswood, “Zen of Zin” Zinfandel – California

___ Errazuriz, “Estate” Merlot – Colchagua Valley, Chile

___ Black Opal, Shiraz/Cabernet – Southern Australia

The Aficionado

Including selections from the “Enthusiast” category plus the following

4 Bottles - $98

6 Bottles - $146

8 Bottles - $196

___ Rosemont, Riesling – Southeastern Australia

___ Estancia, Pinot Grigio – California

___ Matua Valley, Sauvignon Blanc – Marlborough, New Zealand

___ Robert Mandavi Private Selection, Chardonnay – California

___ Estancia, Pinot Noir – Monterey, California

___ Rancho Zabaco, “Heritage Vines” Zinfandel – Sonoma, California

___ Sylvester Winery, “Kiara Reserve” Merlot - California

___ Avalon Cabernet Sauvignon – Napa Valley, California

The Connoisseur

Including selections from the “Enthusiast” and “Aficionado categories

plus the following

4 Bottles - $110

6 Bottles - $162

8 Bottles - $216

___ Dry Creek, Fume Blanc – Sonoma, California

___ Isabel Mandavi, Deep Rose’ – Napa Valley, California

___ Wild Horse, Chardonnay – Central Coast, California

___ Spellbound, Petite Sirah – California

___ Chateau St. Jean, Cabernet Sauvignon – California

A 18% gratuity will be added to your check for all beverages orders.

Prices are subject to change. Your check may reflect applicable VAT

for certain ports or itineraries

That is an outdated list. Not unusual for NCL to have outdated info on their website. The list/selection has been downsized considerably and prices increased in recent months. This seems to be the latest that was recently posted, look at the FIRST post of the thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2353868&highlight=wine+list

Thanks - that's ideal.

Due to lack of choice for Rose, it looks like we'll bring our own and pay corkage, as that tends to be all my wife will drink.

Edited by asubaru

That is an outdated list. Not unusual for NCL to have outdated info on their website. The list/selection has been downsized considerably and prices increased in recent months. This seems to be the latest that was recently posted, look at the FIRST post of the thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2353868&highlight=wine+list

That 2-panel list is NOT the complete Fleetwide list.

Why NCL makes it all so confusing is... curious :mad:

They could at least have a notation about the longer list. Heck, they might even sell some additional higher priced bottles that way.

But yes, prices are up a bit on the full list, too.

(I'm *not* an NCL cheerleader - far from it. However, prices are also up at our local restaurants and wine stores. On the other hand, cruise ships have a prime example of a captive audience, so...... :( )

• 1 month later...

Yes, I noticed that the wine list was a 2015 version and remains a 'current' NCl document. Very misleading. I have requested an updated list (not daring to hold breath).

Having looked at the pathetic beer choice aboard (the Sun at least) and the high price of pretty much everything, I am inclined toward joining my wife in drinking mostly wine. Therefore a Viva Vino package is of interest to us. It would be nice to get some properly current information from NCL.

There's an up to date Viva Vino list on Gambee's blog here and lots more drinks info too.......

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/norwegian-drink-lists/

Thanks very much for checking it out MM, but I'm afraid it looks like the 2014 data Gambee provided a while back. Or did I miss something, as I am distracted by ferrets and wine both? ;)

Still awaiting an NCL response to my query...

AMF

Edited by AquaMarineFerret

Hi, I received this overnight from NCL...

"Our wine list on ncl.com is the most up to date list that we have at this time. Please kindly note prices are subject to change and wines are based on availability.

Unfortunately you cannot go by our wine list to see what is available with our Ultimate Beverage Package or Corks and Caps Wine and Beer package.

The Ultimate Beverage Package includes a wide selection of soft drinks, beers, spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to and including $15 USD during your entire cruise and are subject to change and availability.

The Corks and Caps Wine Beer Package - includes a wide selection of soft drinks, beers, and wines by the glass during your entire cruise and are subject to change and availability.

I apologize in advance but there is not a list of brands available for each package due to the fact items offered can be revised at any time and also based on availability.

It’s important to note the same beverage package must be purchased for all guests staying within the same stateroom, additional stateroom, adjoining stateroom or travel with.

For further detailed information, restrictions, and review; I have provided the following links for your convenience. https://www.ncl.com/terms/ultimate-beverage-package & https://www.ncl.com/terms/corks-and-caps-package.

Please kindly note rates for the packages are also always subject to change."

So, the only certainty is the possibility of change?