VIFP Status change question

shortstop95

It was always my understanding that if you changed levels during a cruise- you would be that level at the start of the cruise. I have 197 VIFP days. Just booked a 3 night cruise. 197 + 3 = 200 so I thought his would turn me Diamond- yet when I do my online check-in it still says Platinum. Is my logic flawed?

I definitely don't know from experience, but saw this on the VIFP Club terms & conditions site...hopes this helps (http://www.carnival.com/loyalty/termsandconditions.aspx):

Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event a Member books a Cruise in which such Member will attain the necessary VIFP Points to reach a new Level during or by the end of such Cruise (a “Crossover Cruise”), CCL may, in its sole discretion, offer such Member the Benefits offered to Members of the higher Level during the Crossover Cruise.

I'm sure someone with actual experience will chime in on that soon.

It was always my understanding that if you changed levels during a cruise- you would be that level at the start of the cruise. I have 197 VIFP days. Just booked a 3 night cruise. 197 + 3 = 200 so I thought his would turn me Diamond- yet when I do my online check-in it still says Platinum. Is my logic flawed?

I think you might have to give it a few days after booking for your status to change.

I have 197 or 198 VIFP days and when I check my boarding pass for my next cruise in June it does say Diamond.

Congrats on achieving this status!

Edited by evandbob

I my experience, it doesn't change on the VIFP screen until AFTER you've sailed. When you print your boarding docs it should have the new level listed and your S&S card will be the correct level.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This is my experience also when I turned Platinum

On the Carnival Website, go into

Manage

My Booking

Cruise Details

View Cruise Documents

Print General Information

Scroll down to Guest Names, next to your VIFP # should say Diamond

Take a look and let us know if you see it.

When this happened to us the old level showed on the booking (we were not diamond though) and also when we printed out our boarding passes. We had to wait until we were onboard and go to Guest Services to get it corrected. They took our old cards and gave us new ones.

Edited by Cinders411

Manage

My Booking

Cruise Details

View Cruise Documents

Thank you for posting this! We will turn platinum on our next cruise later this year, followed your steps and our docs do show platinum!!

Thank you for posting this! We will turn platinum on our next cruise later this year, followed your steps and our docs do show platinum!!

Congratulations on turning Platinum. Enjoy all the new perks, especially the past guest party.:cool:

Your assumption is correct. You should expect to being the correct color upon boarding.

Manage

My Booking

Cruise Details

View Cruise Documents

Thanks for this! I see I am now Gold ;)

I will be turning Platinum on my Europe cruise this summer. If I

go online to check my itinerary, it shows Gold. If I print my cruise documents, it shows Platinum and the boarding pass says Priority and the luggage tags have priority and FTTF.

I my experience, it doesn't change on the VIFP screen until AFTER you've sailed. When you print your boarding docs it should have the new level listed and your S&S card will be the correct level.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That is correct.....

I will be turning Platinum on my Europe cruise this summer. If I

go online to check my itinerary, it shows Gold. If I print my cruise documents, it shows Platinum and the boarding pass says Priority and the luggage tags have priority and FTTF.

Did you pay extra for FTTF? If you did, you get the same benefits as Platinum so you may want to cancel FTTF.

Have a great time on your European cruise. I hope to do a European cruise one day. Congratulations on becoming Platinum.:cool:

We are turning Platinum on our next cruise, and the boarding pass reflects the new status. If I look at my online account, though, it still says gold. I'm guessing the account changes after the sailing, but you achieve the new status upon sailing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did you pay extra for FTTF? If you did, you get the same benefits as Platinum so you may want to cancel FTTF.

When you turn Platinum, your docs show FTTF so Porters know to tag your bags accordingly for early delivery to your cabin.

And, if you purchase FTTF, you get some of the Platinum benefits but not all.

Edited by tandemcruzr