BEWARE Pearl Seas Cuba Cruise

swells5502

I find your comment about contacting an attorney amazing since you continue to support this sham. If they are so reputable as your profess, then an attorney should not be necessary. They are "selling" a product they DO NOT POSSESS. After all this time and 6 cancelled cruises so far with MANY UPSET TRAVELERS, they should STOP THEIR FALSE ADVERTIZING. BEWARE, PEARL SEAS TO CUBA IS NOT APPROVED YET!!!!!

Its all about terminology. They are booking passengers for a cruise product they do not have the approval for. But they ARE disclosing it. They ARE being up front about it. They are being up front about their terms and conditions.

A quick Google search found a quote by Pearl Seas regarding the cancelled cruises which I found on Cruise Industry News...that Pearl Seas released a statement saying that

“Pearl Seas Cruises received notice on March 10th that the meeting with the Cuban government, where we expected to receive final approval, had been postponed until after President Obama’s visit. Therefore we had to cancel the March 16, 2016 Cuba Cultural Voyage cruise. Most passengers have been transferred to other cruise dates and some have chosen to cancel their reservation and have been refunded in full. “

So based on that statement, passengers who were booked on cruises that were cancelled ARE receiving full refunds. Just like any other refund, though, it often takes longer than people are willing to wait.

Its all about terminology. They are booking passengers for a cruise product they do not have the approval for. But they ARE disclosing it. They ARE being up front about it. They are being up front about their terms and conditions.

A quick Google search found a quote by Pearl Seas regarding the cancelled cruises which I found on Cruise Industry News...that Pearl Seas released a statement saying that

So based on that statement, passengers who were booked on cruises that were cancelled ARE receiving full refunds. Just like any other refund, though, it often takes longer than people are willing to wait.

Did you go to the Cuba board and read Toticon's post? She pad 17,000 in FULL and was cancelled 4 days prior to Pearl Seas CUBA Trip. She HAS NOT RECIEVED A REFUND TO DATE. Once again proving Pearl Seas is NOT REPUTABLE. She is out a LOT OF MONEY SO FAR. BTW they have cancelled 6 cruises so far

TERRIBLE treatment of people...BEWARE...they still DO NOT HAVE APPROVAL.

Did you go to the Cuba board and read Toticon's post? She pad 17,000 in FULL and was cancelled 4 days prior to Pearl Seas CUBA Trip. She HAS NOT RECIEVED A REFUND TO DATE. Once again proving Pearl Seas is NOT REPUTABLE. She is out a LOT OF MONEY SO FAR. BTW they have cancelled 6 cruises so far

TERRIBLE treatment of people...BEWARE...they still DO NOT HAVE APPROVAL.

I did read the post...of which there are two. I do see that their original trip was cancelled...but that they were offered (and evidently agreed to according to one of the posts) being rescheduled to October or November. Another post talks about them now wanting their money back. Their story is a little confusing and missing some clarity (did they agree to re-book, or did they ask outright for their money back, or did they ask to cancel AFTER agreeing to be rebooked?)

Considering the number of people who were probably booked on these cruises I do find it unusual that there is not more press on the lack of refunds if, in fact, people have not been getting their money. Most news stories I see when I google Pearl Seas cancellations indicates refunds are being processed to those affected by cruises currently cancelled.

I did read the post...of which there are two. I do see that their original trip was cancelled...but that they were offered (and evidently agreed to according to one of the posts) being rescheduled to October or November. Another post talks about them now wanting their money back. Their story is a little confusing and missing some clarity (did they agree to re-book, or did they ask outright for their money back, or did they ask to cancel AFTER agreeing to be rebooked?)

Considering the number of people who were probably booked on these cruises I do find it unusual that there is not more press on the lack of refunds if, in fact, people have not been getting their money. Most news stories I see when I google Pearl Seas cancellations indicates refunds are being processed to those affected by cruises currently cancelled.

I think the reason you do not see more complaints is that many people don't know about this website. If you go to just the Pearl Seas board you will see some very upset people about Pearl Seas Panama cruises as well. It appears that they have proved to be very poor in getting their cruises going. It is a shame there isn't a central site to inform the public about their HORRIBLE TACTICS. And they may be refunding money but they areKEEPING THE EXCESSIVE ADMINSTRATIVE FEES!! That is my issue...even tho it is NO FAULT OF THE PASSENGER, CLEARLY THE PEARL SEAS IS AT FAULT. Yet they KEEP $850 in ADMIN FEES. TERRIBLE!!

This link may be helpful to those wronged.

http://elliott.org/company-contacts/american-cruise-lines-inc/

Elliott is a go to for those with travel problems . . . It also might be good to seek assistance from Elliot.

THANKS!!! Had no idea about that website!! Unfortunately I did write to Timothy Beebe VP of Pearl Seas and didn't get a reply. Elliot says if you don't hear in a week, they are ignoring you!! More evidence that PEARL SEAS IS A SCAM, so sad for people who get sucked in!!

My clients were scheduled to go in March. The week Obama went. We got a call on Monday that the Friday cruise was cancelled. The reason was the government was not going to review any docs until Obama's trip had ended. We were offered full refund, rebook to another sailing and rec. 2K in cash for incidental expenses. we took the rebook and 2K. Recd. check right away and changed to March 2017.

My clients were scheduled to go in March. The week Obama went. We got a call on Monday that the Friday cruise was cancelled. The reason was the government was not going to review any docs until Obama's trip had ended. We were offered full refund, rebook to another sailing and rec. 2K in cash for incidental expenses. we took the rebook and 2K. Recd. check right away and changed to March 2017.

Your clients were lucky. Maybe because they used you, a travel agent. They don't want negative press from a professional in the industry. They apparently feel they can treat us who did our own booking differently. Now to see if they really get approval for March 2017. Will see if you get a full refund then!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Well, Pearl Seas finally has received permission for their 2017+ cruises to Cuba. I have had a reservation since last Spring with a very small group. Reservation was for December - and we were fully aware of the risks since permission was not granted at that time. Pearl Seas was very clear about this IF one read their information. In October we learned that no new permissions would be considered until AFTER the November election. At that time our group was offered an alternative date in April, which we took. Soon thereafter permission was granted for cruises going in 2017. We are all retired so we could change our plans. (Getting our money back was another option once they had to cancel the cruise. No administrative fees to be kept by the way.)

Now that we have permission from the governments for the trip all is as good as it can be for the present. The potential of things changing with the government control change next week is a bit of a concern - but so far Pearl Seas has been upfront and fair with the options for our small group. To date we have lost nothing in terms of $$ assuming the cruises are allowed to go given our government changes. (Hopefully they will have plenty of other things to be concerned about and will not bother with Cuba for at least a few months. We shall see.) One thing I did learn in the process, Fantom is registered through the UK, so they can go as all folks from the UK have been able to visit Cuba all along.

I can only report on our success with Pearl Seas to date, our experience could turn ugly, I realize. However, in terms of Pearl Seas in general, most of the issues I have read about relate to their new itineraries to Belize and Cuba. I have heard from a number of folks who cruised with them on their US cruises and had great things to say about their experiences. Hopefully this will translate to their Cuba trips. I would suspect that regardless there will be some issues for the first trips there - happens even in new US ports.

Edited by wander