need to get 6 from orlando to port everglades

Corklou

In 2010 we booked a 'Door to Door' transfer with Florida Express from Orlando to a hotel in Fort Lauderdale.

We were delivered by a taxi supplied by the company to an incorrect pick-up location at 6.20am. After we luckily found the correct location, we were collected by a vehicle that had Miami Express on it (we were listed as passengers) at 7.10am - after a wait of 50 minutes in the dark. On reaching Fort Lauderdale the driver of this vehicle refused to deliver us to our nominated hotel stating that there was only 1 location that he could stop in Fort Lauderdale. After contacting the company & failing to receive assistance, we paid $38 for a taxi to take us to our hotel which we arrived at 12.30pm.

Florida Express did not reply to any of my emails requesting a refund of the taxi fare.

If your driver is not a US citizen it may be best for you to look for a broker in the UK for your car rental. At least that is the general consensus on Trip Advisor. That way you make sure your driver has all the proper insurance.

If your driver is a US citizen then I would just check prices among the major brands and choose the company with the lowest price.

If your "lad" is under 25 years old the rate may be substantially higher.

We are travelling to celebrated 60 th birthdays of three in the group , thanks for the help

If your driver is not a US citizen it may be best for you to look for a broker in the UK for your car rental. At least that is the general consensus on Trip Advisor. That way you make sure your driver has all the proper insurance.

If your driver is a US citizen then I would just check prices among the major brands and choose the company with the lowest price.

If your "lad" is under 25 years old the rate may be substantially higher.

Why would driver need to be a US Citizen? We have booked cars in Ireland, England, and Germany in past years and neither of us is a citizen of any of those countries. Do you have to be a US Citizen to book a car in the US? I never knew that as I have met many travelers in FL over the years who rented cars in Orlando who were not US Citizens. You have confused me with your post.

Why would driver need to be a US Citizen? We have booked cars in Ireland, England, and Germany in past years and neither of us is a citizen of any of those countries. Do you have to be a US Citizen to book a car in the US? I never knew that as I have met many travelers in FL over the years who rented cars in Orlando who were not US Citizens. You have confused me with your post.

I did not say you have to be a US citizen to rent a car here. What I said was I have read that it is best for non citizens to book their reservations through a broker in their home country, so they make sure they have all necessary insurance. I have read that advice often on Trip Advisor especially from UK citizens, but applicable to people from other countries as well. Maybe not Canada, not sure about that.

Sorry if my post caused any confusion.

• 4 months later...

Wow!, we are doing the opposite, 4 people from Ft Lauderdale to Orlando on the 16 of November. I drive, but do not take interstates, I have posted for assistance on what route, non highway, would be best, but not much information came forward. I was looking at Rt 1 north, but also was looking at Rt 27 inland.

we have now decided to hire a van for the above journey

can you let me know where to best start for reliable hire companies

thanks

Pick your favorite travel web site to compare rates across agencies - I like www dot carrentals dot com. Check with your personal auto policy to see if any of the coverage will apply - likely not.

You might check some of the WDW boards (all ears is a good one) where FLA specific discount codes are sometimes posted. Good hunting!