New England States & Canada Cruise in Sept/Weather ?

cruise47

Thanks for enjoying our video. In Portland (image of Lobster Roll) we found the place wandering around Old Town. Can't remember the name. Wander around Fore Street and Wharf Street and you'll find similar places. DW thinks it was across from the Regency Hotel. Look for the bar type places with the chalk boards out front advertising their lobster rolls. In Halifax we had lunch at the Red Stagg Tavern. Old refurbished warehouse and brewery (I think) Other eateries in the area. Also Alexander Keith Brewery is located in that area.

Enjoy the cruise. It's on our list to do again..really loved the entire trip.

Cheers,

OHP

Thanks for sharing your 3 videos on your signature. Nice!

Hello,

We did the second of the three offered in the Fall 2015 season. Our weather was great. Sunny and in the high 60's during the day. One slightly rainy day in Quebec City. Check out my powerpoint uploaded to Youtube. Link below in my signature with cruise activity.

Cheers!

Tom

Thanks for your photos on the Sumitt. Now my challenge is to try learn Power Point & learn how to add photos & post to Youtube.

Thanks again. I enjoyed the photos & music selection.

Tom😀

Sailed Canada / Ne from NJ on Royal's Explorer a couple of Octobers back. DW packed all cold weather gear, no short sleeve blouses. Temperatures were in 90's most of the trip. In Boston she gave up and bought a couple of Red Sox tee shirts (She doesn't care about sports and they were cheap). Oh the horror :eek::eek::eek: Wasn't sure they'd let her off the ship back in NJ.

On 9/4 we're sailing to Quebec and back on Summit. Long range weather forecast is moderate, 70's - 80's. No wardrobe issues this time though, dw packed a suitcase for cold weather and another one for hot.

Hurricane possibilities aside, what are the seas normally like at that time of year in that region? I know there are always variations - I am just looking for the average as I am considering a cruise like that next year. thanks!

On all our Canada/NE cruise, we always did it in October. We never experienced rough seas that would cause us motion sickness.

On Summit now, just leaving Bar Harbor.

Once we left Hermine behind seas have been very calm, but rainy in Boston and foggy in Portland and Bar Harbor. Have worn shorts every day.

We planned our wardrobe by checking weather forecasts for each city just before sailing.

Thanks for the update Baron! I am eagerly checking extended forecasts for our 9/18 sailing! Glad Hermione e has settled and your are enjoying smooth seas. I hope the rest of your cruise is wonderful!