New England States & Canada Cruise in Sept/Weather ?

cruise47

Hello,

We did the second of the three offered in the Fall 2015 season. Our weather was great. Sunny and in the high 60's during the day. One slightly rainy day in Quebec City. Check out my powerpoint uploaded to Youtube. Link below in my signature with cruise activity.

Cheers!

Tom

Mid-Sept should be warm during the day and cool at night. Bring layers and something waterproof in case of rain. I live in Boston and every jacket I have has gloves and a hat in the pocket. They come in handy. In Sept you won't need a winter coat just a warm sweater and a windbreaker or light jacket that you can wear over the sweater if a little extra warmth is needed.

This is one of my favorite months in New England...even though I know it means winter isn't too far away! Enjoy the cruise.

As a life long Rhode Islander I would worry about hurricanes. I wish more cruise lines would do late spring / early summer cruises from Boston to Montreal. The only way I'd book a fall cruise would be a last minute deal. I would NOT want to be out there with a hurricane.

You will have weather! It may be beautiful & ugly within a few minutes. Could be warm, could be chilly & could have rain. I agree with Ox Fan Cruiser I'd be concerned about hurricane type weather. Best thing for clothing is layers & a good rain jacket. I grew up in Boston & the one constant is that there is always weather to talk about

Have done this cruise twice in Sept. Varied from gorgeous days, no jacket needed to pouring rain and very chilly. There's no way to know. So layers and definitely a rain poncho. Both cruises were 14 days and I would say both cruises were mostly great weather. We had a great time on both and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. Beautiful areas to visit. If you stop in Quebec, it is a beautiful place to sail in and out of. We overnighted both times. The only thing that was not as I expected were the fall colors. We live in the Midwest and our colors are much more intense. It's a great trip.

Linda

As a life long Rhode Islander I would worry about hurricanes. I wish more cruise lines would do late spring / early summer cruises from Boston to Montreal. The only way I'd book a fall cruise would be a last minute deal. I would NOT want to be out there with a hurricane.

Point well taken we did the final season cruise Quebec City to Ft. Lauderdale on Princess one year and were hit with hurricane Sandy it definitely changed our itinerary but still a great cruise.

We did the final season cruise on Royal Caribbean last year once again Quebec City to FT. L they call it the Snow Bird and the weather was perfect we even missed the rain in Boston it started to fall as we boarded.

Pack warm clothes that can be layered with gloves, scarf and hat and enjoy.

What can one expect the weather/temperature to be in September?

Generally high 60's to low 70's. It might be cooler off the Maine coast with the Labrador current. Down the St. Lawrence it should be near 70. In Quebec City it can be anywhere from the 40's to low 80's. It can vary a lot from year to year. Do take the trip. Quebec City is a lovely spot. Definitely visit the Frontenac hotel.

We sailed on the mid-September/early-October itinerary in 2014. All I can say is "dress in layers and have gloves, hat, and something wind/waterproof". On our first day in Quebec, it was a gorgeous fall day but we woke up on the second day to horizontal rain/sleet and bitter cold ... and cold enough with the wind chill when we first got off the ship in Halifax to be glad we had layers.

BTW, we're used to cold weather - we're from Colorado - but with the humidity and wind .... brrrrrr! :p

Regardless of weather, it was a great cruise. We enjoyed it so much we'd do it again.

Hello,

We did the second of the three offered in the Fall 2015 season. Our weather was great. Sunny and in the high 60's during the day. One slightly rainy day in Quebec City. Check out my powerpoint uploaded to Youtube. Link below in my signature with cruise activity.

Cheers!

Tom

Thanks for your excellent video. I'm on the Summit on the October 2, 2016 Canada New England cruise.

Some questions...What program did you use to create your video & what was the music that you used?

Any suggestions for anyone new to Celebrity & the Summit?

Again an excellent video.

Tom😀

Mid September I'm generally still wearing shorts, T-shirts and sandals. Sometimes I need to start the day with a hoodie or jacket but that gets removed quickly. It gets much cooler by the end of the month.

So we can have some perspective, can you tell us what part of Canada that you are from? Nova Scotia? Montreal? PEI?

Hello,

Cheers!

Tom

Thanks for that Excellent video of your New England / Canada cruise.

Thanks for your excellent video. I'm on the Summit on the October 2, 2016 Canada New England cruise.

Some questions...What program did you use to create your video & what was the music that you used?

Any suggestions for anyone new to Celebrity & the Summit?

Again an excellent video.

Tom

Thanks for your kind comments. For the youtube videos I create a "slideshow" using MS PowerPoint then I make that slideshow into a "video". Hardest part is adding the music so it is timed up with the pace of the slideshow. I am far from a techie so I use Google and search out how to do the steps from others much better at this stuff than me. If you have time just be prepared to make several failure slideshows as you work to create the final one.

Music information can be found in the Comments Section (or maybe it is called Description) on down below the presentation on the Youtube page of the video.

Cheers,

Tom

We were on Summit September 21-October 5 2014. We had lovely weather most of the time, but we were in Quebec City on Sunday Sept 28 and it was a beautiful sunny low 70s day. The next morning we woke to 50s and rain. We got to Corner Brook NL 2 days later and it was cool and sunny. Beautiful. The rest of the cruise was good weather. Just that one day. But it could have all been like that day. There are no guarantees.

Native Long Islander and doing this cruise on Summit leaving Oct. 2 and returning Oct. 16. I'm bringing jeans, with one pair of capris and both a down vest and a fleece vest. Of course, I'll have a hooded rain jacket as well. I expect weather to be beautiful up to Boston and then start to get cooler. I'm hopeful we'll miss the main hurricane season for these parts....and I do remember that Sandy was late October followed by an unseasonable Halloween blizzard....but I'm an optimist at heart :D

• 2 months later...

Please share lunch recommendations for Boston, Portland and Halifax. The Lobster Roll looks delicious. We are going a similar cruise mid-September. We are also going to St. John but I don't believe you cruised there. Thank you for sharing your photos. It looked like you had all types of weather.

Please share lunch recommendations for Boston, Portland and Halifax. The Lobster Roll looks delicious. We are going a similar cruise mid-September. We are also going to St. John but I don't believe you cruised there. Thank you for sharing your photos. It looked like you had all types of weather.

Thanks for enjoying our video. In Portland (image of Lobster Roll) we found the place wandering around Old Town. Can't remember the name. Wander around Fore Street and Wharf Street and you'll find similar places. DW thinks it was across from the Regency Hotel. Look for the bar type places with the chalk boards out front advertising their lobster rolls. In Halifax we had lunch at the Red Stagg Tavern. Old refurbished warehouse and brewery (I think) Other eateries in the area. Also Alexander Keith Brewery is located in that area.

Enjoy the cruise. It's on our list to do again..really loved the entire trip.

Cheers,

OHP