Booking at Grand Lucayan in Freeport

TxChick

Thanks for the great info on the logistics of getting to the Grand Lucayan. We're still debating whether or not to just stay on the ship in Freeport. $10 pp plus the day fee adds up pretty quickly when it's for six of us! It's good to know how easy it would be to get there, if we decided to go.

Thanks!

Jennifer

Thanks for the great info on the logistics of getting to the Grand Lucayan. We're still debating whether or not to just stay on the ship in Freeport. $10 pp plus the day fee adds up pretty quickly when it's for six of us! It's good to know how easy it would be to get there, if we decided to go.

Thanks!

Jennifer

I totally understand how you feel since I have a family of 4 plus our daughters went parasailing when we were there but it was money well spent and well worth it! I would rather stay on the ship in Nassau, that was a total dump!

• 2 weeks later...
I was there last Friday. There is a shuttle from the port to the Grand Lucayan. It's $10 roundtrip and is about a 15 minute ride. Tell the shuttle driver where you want to go. Ours made a couple stops. We had purchased our day pass through Shore Excursioneer, but it didn't matter. They didn't even look at my papers. There were about 10 people in line to go in. We just handed over $20 and off we went. Make sure when you pay and go through the gate you turn left for the Grand Lucayan. No one told us and we went to the beach on the right and ended up at a different resort! :rolleyes:

The shuttles run every half hour back to the port. They do try to fill the shuttle before they leave.

Have Fun!

So you paid shore excusioneer and the resort directly? We are traveling soon and I see where a lot of people are pre-paying online through sites like shoreexcusioneer.com and getting in.

But I would like to just pay at the gate once we get there in case plans change... I see they have a free beach and possibly other things and resorts. Just wondering if I can pay at the gate with no problem once there? Please let me know. Did you get a refund after paying online and then them not acknowledging your paperwork?

Edited by ccw2891

• 1 month later...
I totally understand how you feel since I have a family of 4 plus our daughters went parasailing when we were there but it was money well spent and well worth it! I would rather stay on the ship in Nassau, that was a total dump!

Do you know if you can just go to the gate and purchase a day pass or do you have to pre-purchase? Thanks. We go in Oct. with 2 kids.

• 2 weeks later...
They are all taxi vans, at least they were this past Saturday when we were there. All different makes of vehicles and they are all in a taxi pickup area that is easily accessible at port. We got off the ship and people were waiting to take you over there, all very friendly and helpful. Freeport gets a bad rap and I'd read so many bad reviews about it but we loved it and it was a million times better then Nassau!

I love Freeport as well. I don't understand the bad rap it gets either. I was sorry to hear that Carnival is beginning to phase it out as a port stop.

So you paid shore excusioneer and the resort directly? We are traveling soon and I see where a lot of people are pre-paying online through sites like shoreexcusioneer.com and getting in.

But I would like to just pay at the gate once we get there in case plans change... I see they have a free beach and possibly other things and resorts. Just wondering if I can pay at the gate with no problem once there? Please let me know. Did you get a refund after paying online and then them not acknowledging your paperwork?

The web page for shoreexcusioneer.com says that they have a 100% guarantee for cancellations for any reason. I notice they say there is a snack bar, parasailing, jet skis etc. right at the beach. I have been here several times and this was not my experience. I have found it to be a quite, calm place, which is what attracted me to it. You can certainly find those other things in front of the next resort down the beach which is only a few minutes walk though.

For anyone who has done this excursion, how annoying and pushy are the locals down at the beach that are trying to sell stuff?

I been here several time & have never seen any. I've seen them further down the beach, but not in front of the Grand Lucayan.

Thanks for all the info. I'm still on the fence with this. This is where I want to go with 2 kids but would really rather wait and get a pass at the gate instead of paying a third party, then still paying at the gate. Decisions, decisions. We will be there in Oct.

Sandra

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has taken time to share their knowledge. We booked our first cruise for December and after it was booked, I started reading such negative things about Freeport. I actually was getting a low level of buyer's remorse. Now I know that there are more options than staying on the ship or going to Senor Frog's. Thanks so much!!:)