What to wear at night on a Mediterranean cruise

My sister and I are going on a Mediterranean cruise in Oct and was wondering h I w dressed up people get at night on the boat?

What the cruise line suggests:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=255&faqSubjectId=334&faqSubjectName=Life+Onboard&faqType=faq

For evening meals just wear a nice summer dress or some capris and a blouse you will be fine. During the day swimming costume and cover up round the pool, maybe some capris, tshirt and flat shoes elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Our experience is that people dress a bit more nicely in Europe than the Caribbean. If you go by the suggested dress you'll be fine. More people wore dressier clothes on Formal Night than in Caribbean. Keep in mind that all dress suggestions are simply "suggestions." What SpainAllen said seemed about right.

We've gone on two Med cruises, but both were in the summer. We tried to pack lightly so or the formal nights, I carried one pair of black dressy slacks and a lace top and on the second formal night I wore the same slacks with a top with sequins. One of my daughters wore a dress she had worn to a cocktail party previously...short dress with a sequined jacket. The other daughter wore a little black dress. The men wore dark suits. There were people in long gowns and people with sundresses so it was the usual mix with a few men in a tux, but really not much different from the Caribbean. We didn't see anyone try to ignore the dress code and show up in shorts or jeans. On casual nights, we saw sundresses, capri pants, slacks and casual tops on the ladies and most men wore a shirt with a collar..either a dress shirt or a polo shirt. I didn't see anyone in t-shirts at dinner, although there could have been a few that we didn't personally see. Even though it was summer, we carried a lightweight sweater or wrap to dinner as it got a bit chilly. We did see a few young girls with very short dressy shorts or romper-type short outfits in the dining rooms. First time I've seen that in the evenings.