How do u keep an e-reader handy on the ship

FLUFFLULA

My kindle is pretty much surgically attached to me at all times and I would never leave it anywhere. I am far more likely to double check that I have a kindle or book on me, than my purse or room key (although I do always double check that just as I'm about to leave my cabin!).

Walking around the ship or ports daytime I tend to have a string bag with all the bits I may need for the day, including sunglasses, suncream, purse (I know I won't generally need it but find it holds my room key nicely), Kindle, camera, mobile phone, dailies etc...

Evenings I make sure the kindle is in my handbag along with very little other things, as I like reading while waiting for food, waiting for shows to start etc...

In "real life" I don't carry a purse. But on a cruise, I do carry a small cross body bag. Large enough for my tablet, smokes and lighter.

A lady after my own heart. When I am not cruising I don't carry a purse but on a cruise I carry a bag I bought in South America that zips closed and has a very wide cloth strap that matches the bag. I use this on board and on port days. It holds everything from my gps to my phone and of course my kindle. It will also carry my booster battery pack so that should I find wifi on land I can take as long as I want to check on things back home. And a couple of bottles of water. On sea days it might hold the program and any other papers I might need, my kindle, cards? or who knows what. It might even hold a cookie from lunch that I might eat later while reading quietly on my balcony.

I would never think someone was a newbie from carrying a bag. I would think they had lots to do. DH wears cargo pants that have pockets that are perfect for his kindle.

My first two cruises I was the newbie lugging all my gumpf around with me in my hand - and then lining up at guest services to see if my camera had been handed in after leaving it under a chair.

Now I'm a somewhat more experienced cruiser who knows that I'm not going to want to be returning to my cabin constantly to pick up and drop off my stuff, so I've invested in mini-satchels for everyone. The kids can carry their iPads and kindles, and I've got my kindle, phone, camera, cruise card etc nice and handy at all times and my hands free to corral my kids if necessary and to do the washy washy with sanitizer without having to try wedge my stuff under an arm or between my knees whilst I rub rub rub!

Just carry it in your hand. I have a kindle and it is not that big. It makes me laugh at what folks worry about sometimes on here.

I also just carry my iPad in my hand. The only time I don't have it "in hand" is when I'm going out on an excursion.

If going to the pool area I use a tote bag, with the usual things inside. For evening, usually a small cross-body bag with the usual evening things. Off the ship on shore shopping, etc. I carry a smaller flowery backpack. That way, I'm not tempted to lay anything down and walk away and my hands are free. ANything that works for you is just fine! No one really cares. I am likely to notice if I see a bag I really like, though!