FLL to Port of Miami....Uber and Lyft and/or least expensive

js

Hi.

My dd and her two friends will be arriving in FLL this weekend and then getting on cruise Port of Miami. They are arriving early in the morning (getting on same day....GULP).

They want least expensive option for taxi. Does Uber and/or Lyft pick up at FLL airport and go inside Port of Miami?

Thank you so much!

A little reading on the board would find dozens of threads suggesting shuttles as the least expensive at about $15. Commonly discussed, regular cab will be about $80 or so, before tip. Unless surge pricing is in effect, Uber has been running around $50.

A little reading on the board would find dozens of threads suggesting shuttles as the least expensive at about $15. Commonly discussed, regular cab will be about $80 or so, before tip. Unless surge pricing is in effect, Uber has been running around $50.

Thank you so much!

SAS, QLS, Go Airport and MJS are the most often suggested shuttle providers between FLL and POM. No one bats 1000, but all have generally positive reviews and 1000's of satisfied customers.

The ride from FLL to POM takes 45-60+ minutes.

In February, Uber X car was approx 30.00 each way. This was a Saturday morning both ways.

Hi.

My dd and her two friends will be arriving in FLL this weekend and then getting on cruise Port of Miami. They are arriving early in the morning (getting on same day....GULP).

They want least expensive option for taxi. Does Uber and/or Lyft pick up at FLL airport and go inside Port of Miami?

Thank you so much!

We are wondering too....We fly in to FLL Friday night, stay at a hotel in Hollywood then need a ride to POM Saturday morning.

We already have reservations with SAS but it's $90 round trip (3 people) plus tips.

Someone mentioned Lyft so I downloaded the app and they give new users a $50 credit ($10 each trip x5)

A ballpark price from our hotel (Quality Inn, Hollywood) will be around $60ish round trip, so $40 plus tips with the Lyft credit.

I know Uber is more popular, has anyone used Lyft?

Personal experience?

At least here in the DC Metro area there is not much difference in the riding experience. Uber is more popular and offers more drivers, but Lyft is competitive and the pricing seems to be very similar. If you have credits (which usually expire within a month :() go for it - I would download the Uber app just in case.

We last used Uber from POM to FLL for $32. Non surge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you very much. That is a great price. There are three girls with luggage so not sure if they would have needed XL

At least here in the DC Metro area there is not much difference in the riding experience. Uber is more popular and offers more drivers, but Lyft is competitive and the pricing seems to be very similar. If you have credits (which usually expire within a month :() go for it - I would download the Uber app just in case.

Thanks. The girls just graduated college so they all have the app LOL Thank you for taking the time to answer me. I appreciate it.

SAS, QLS, Go Airport and MJS are the most often suggested shuttle providers between FLL and POM. No one bats 1000, but all have generally positive reviews and 1000's of satisfied customers.

The ride from FLL to POM takes 45-60+ minutes.

Thank you very much! The girls all wanted to know exactly what they were spending, so my dd asked me to book SAS, which I did yesterday (I called them first to make sure I could do it the day before). The girls landed 40 minutes early and were in the SAS car immediately after landing and they have booked them for the return.

Thank you for helping, I appreciate it!

The girls landed 40 minutes early and were in the SAS car immediately after landing and they have booked them for the return.

Thank you for helping, I appreciate it!

That's awesome. Hope the trip is amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

The least expensive is not always the safest or the best for you but most shuttle services are similar in pricing and you ride in a nice Mercedes van with plenty of care and service from the drivers who have proper insurance, permits and licenses. We only use Jiffy Jeff Transportation - $15pp from FLL to the Port of Miami - http://www.gojiffyjeff.com

The least expensive is not always the safest or the best for you but most shuttle services are similar in pricing and you ride in a nice Mercedes van with plenty of care and service from the drivers who have proper insurance, permits and licenses. We only use Jiffy Jeff Transportation - $15pp from FLL to the Port of Miami - www.gojiffyjeff.com

I assume is the same price for the return trip from POM to FLL?

I assume is the same price for the return trip from POM to FLL?

Yes - for all of the shared shuttles suggested on this board.

Reservations are the way to go - those shuttles "trolling" for customers at POM do not have a good reputation for a reason.

just got back from an 8 day on the Splendor out of Miami.

We used Lyft several times and are very pleased! The longest we waited was 4 minutes. Even at 5:am! Download the app, super easy, very pleased.

It was roughly $28 from POM to our hotel by FLL - so maybe $30 actually to FLL. That's per carload.

Edited by RogersRanch

Yes - prices from FLL to POM are the same to and from - usually $15pp depending on time of day. Be careful of the "trolls" trolling to snatch you up when you get off the plane or the ship - it is actually illegal for shuttle services to do this and if caught they face a major fine. I think it is like $1000 or something. Shuttle services MUST have pre-arranged reservations to pick up passengers at the Ports. The ones that attack you for rides to fill up their vans are not acting in good faith or within the law....tell them you are an inspector and see them run away from you....I did that when I came off my last cruise a month ago - it was rather amusing.

Just my view, but if you have at least two people Uber or Lyft beats the shuttles for convince. As soon as I cleared customs on my last cruise I requested a car within four minutes one arrived. The shuttles are nice, but why share my memories with a bunch of total strangers when I can just ride with my family at the same or less money.

The least expensive is not always the safest or the best for you but most shuttle services are similar in pricing and you ride in a nice Mercedes van with plenty of care and service from the drivers who have proper insurance, permits and licenses. We only use Jiffy Jeff Transportation - $15pp from FLL to the Port of Miami - http://www.gojiffyjeff.com

About how many other people will be in the car with you? Will the price go up if they cannot find any other people to ride with you? POM will be filled both departure and arrival day (5 ships both days), so I hope this isn't a problem. Can you arrange a pick-up time after the cruise? Thank you so much!

Edited by OceansOfTravels

The vans carry 14 but are not necessarily filled up - I think the minimum charge is for 3 people for Jiffy Jeff - $45 if no one else is in the van - but then you get a nice private ride...otherwise it is $15pp - they rarely make you wait - going back to the airport after he cruise is busy so you should have no problem with shared ride service. They provide a nice travel experience...

• 2 weeks later...

We are cruising out of MIA and flying out of FLL. On debarkation day, we will be getting of the ship first thing. WE have a FLL flight at 12:45. We have used SAS and had no problems because we had later flights. However,the van circled around the other ships to pick up other passengers. made us worry that we would miss our flight.

How early can JiffyJeff pick up? And also can Uber pick up from the MIA port? for return to FLL? thanks!

And also can Uber pick up from the MIA port? for return to FLL? thanks!

I have seen many people on these boards say that Uber cannot pick up at the port, but we used them a few weeks ago with no problem at all. It was by far the cheapest option I found and we had a private vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have seen many people on these boards say that Uber cannot pick up at the port, but we used them a few weeks ago with no problem at all. It was by far the cheapest option I found and we had a private vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have an early flight from FLL but cruising from Miami... flight is at 12:45

Just trying to find the best quickest ride to FLL. we will be first off, but don't know what time the ship will be cleared for debark... plus we are in hurricane season.. hopefully we will arrive in port on time:)

We are cruising out of MIA and flying out of FLL. On debarkation day, we will be getting of the ship first thing. WE have a FLL flight at 12:45. We have used SAS and had no problems because we had later flights. However,the van circled around the other ships to pick up other passengers. made us worry that we would miss our flight.

How early can JiffyJeff pick up? And also can Uber pick up from the MIA port? for return to FLL? thanks!

Yes, Uber is authorized at both POM and FLL. With a 12:45 flight you have plenty of time - you need to be at FLL NLT 11:15 (earlier is better, but not too early -- that is one of the worst airports to spend time at! :(). The ride from POM to FLL takes about an hour.