Breeze Galveston delays

Cruise delayed due to port of Galveston power issue. We got to the terminal at 10am but not allowed in until 1230pm, we had check in time for 10 to 1030am, other part of our party had priority so they got on about 20 mins before we did.

We are sailing away in about 10 minutes, about 1.5 hours later than planned but vacation is officially underway. I will post a full review after I get back.

Cruise delayed due to port of Galveston power issue. We got to the terminal at 10am but not allowed in until 1230pm, we had check in time for 10 to 1030am, other part of our party had priority so they got on about 20 mins before we did.

We are sailing away in about 10 minutes, about 1.5 hours later than planned but vacation is officially underway. I will post a full review after I get back.

Galveston always has some kind of delay.

FYI,I watched Galveston webcam today, Breeze 45 min late.

We got off this morning, debarkation was delayed a lot because of the power issues in the terminal.

When we cruised the Magic last year, we exited with the last debarkation group, and were in our car across the street by 10:15.

Today we got off the Breeze with group 27, and weren't to our car until 12:30.

Everything about the cruise was great, the port not so much. While the workers were very friendly, and as helpful as they could be, the gangway issues on embarkation, then the same problem when we debarked this morning, along with the power issues inside the terminal left a lot to be desired.

I guess we got lucky on our 5/8/16 cruise. It was the first cruise for the Breeze out of Galveston. It arrived empty so we got to board early. We were onboard by 11:30 but did not get luggage till 5:00.

The only delay we had was that we were about 30 minutes delayed leaving as someone who was visiting had not gotten off the ship yet. I think debarkation took longer than we are used to but no real delay. The worst part of our trip was the traffic between Houston and Galveston on a Saturday. It took us 90 minutes!!!

Hope you have/had fun.

Edited by LisaH