Escape balcony question

kpwhalen830

Is there the ability to have your room steward open up the divider between balconies?
No, "Fire proof balcony dividers were installed to prevent fires from spreading. These balcony dividers cannot be opened even if staterooms are connected."

I was on the Escape in February and we had ours removed with no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Us too. The cabin steward opened ours without question. Just had to close while leaving Nassau.

Not entirely true. It's what they'd have you believe though.

You are now mixing up what is allowed and what can actually happen. In the thread you linked it's clearly stated that NCL has forbidden opening the dividers fleetwide.

You are now mixing up what is allowed and what can actually happen. In the thread you linked it's clearly stated that NCL has forbidden opening the dividers fleetwide.

I'm not mixing anything up. Perhaps you didn't read my first post. I clearly stated, it's not supposed to happen, yet it does. I only linked to that thread to show that it does in fact happen.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk!

So, isn't what actual can happen more important?

Well, it's the same as downplaying anything else that is forbidden just because (some) people do get away with it without consequences (UBP drink sharing is another good example, it happens all the time in reality).

I too have opened the divider or had it opened but I still don't instruct others to think that breaking the rules would be completely acceptable and rules in general just something "they want us to believe".

Edited by Demonyte

One of the first things the steward asked us after we met him was if we wanted our balcony divider opened. We said yes, he said he would do it later. He came back and did it in 10 minutes. And it was never closed for the remainder of the trip, not even in/after Nassau.