Allure Snacks

Oh my... I just departed the Allure of the seas yesterday and yes you have all made me sad thinking about it!

* Hot Dogs on the Boardwalk on deck 6

* Roast Beef Sandwiches on Central Park in the Park Cafe on deck 8. Lots of people think the Park Cafe is not free and don't even stop in! Wow, they have fruit in there too as well as build your own salad and panini sandwiches.

* Starbucks on the Royal Promenade on deck 5. Yes they do charge for it but just load up your Starbucks card and enjoy. My wife and I had 2 of our breakfasts there.

* Sabor on the Boardwalk on deck 6. Oh yes.. Finally Mexican food. Yes you pay for it but it's cheep. $5 table side Guacamole for only $5! And the 2nd time I went I got a build your own taco for $5 and it actually was 3 tacos!

* Johnny Rockets on the Boardwalk on deck 6. Again you pay but it's all you can eat! And the milk shakes and hot fudge sundaes... Oh my...

* Wipe Out Cafe on deck 15 back by the flow riders. They have a made to order omelet station and it's never busy! In the afternoon there are hot dogs and hamburgers. And there is an ice cream machine in there... Help yourself

* Pool side on deck 15. Here is another two free ice cream station right next to the main pool area

* cups and scoops ice cream. Yes you have to pay but it's yummy!

* Last and sadly least too is Sorentos Pizza on the Royal Promenade on deck 5. It is probably the worst pizza I have ever had. You have to at least try it since it's free but wow... Nasty with no flavor. However they did have a make your own area that was at least a little eatable. They make it for you but you tell them what you want on it, so you can add more sauce and toppings.

* Starbucks on the Royal Promenade on deck 5. Yes they do charge for it but just load up your Starbucks card and enjoy. My wife and I had 2 of our breakfasts there.

Do you know if you can pay with the app there? I never carry a card, always use the app to pay.

Do you know if you can pay with the app there? I never carry a card, always use the app to pay.

Not sure what app you are talking about. You pay with your Sea Pass card and its charged to your onboard account.

And my favorite snacks on Allure are the fresh made guacamole and chips at Sabor, followed by the onion rings at Johnny Rockets.

You can definitely use your Starbucks card there, I've never tried using the app. Starbucks is the only place I've ever been able to not use a Seapass Card.

You can definitely use your Starbucks card there, I've never tried using the app. Starbucks is the only place I've ever been able to not use a Seapass Card.

Thanks, I was pretty sure you could use the cards, just wasn't sure about the app. Once I started using the app I tossed my cards. If the app doesn't work I will have to get a new card and associate it with my account. Have a friend on Allure now, I will have her ask them.

Thanks, I was pretty sure you could use the cards, just wasn't sure about the app. Once I started using the app I tossed my cards. If the app doesn't work I will have to get a new card and associate it with my account. Have a friend on Allure now, I will have her ask them.

:confused:

I wondered that too. I will have it, but I'm not sure it would really be necessary. Without it I don't imagine you would be able to get updates on your balance, but the barcode should still work if you have a sufficient balance to make the purchase.

Ok, confirmed by a friend on Allure that you can in fact use the Starbucks app to pay. However I guess they can't read the barcode from the app and have to manually enter the number. I assume the Starbucks card would just use the magnetic strip and not a barcode.

Edited by Geeocacher

Just got off Allure on Sunday and I probably ate more ice cream than I EVER eat. Strawberry was so good. Also cafe promenade had cookies (cranberry white choc chip was my fav), that I ate pretty much daily[emoji38]. Clothes are a bit snug...

You can definitely use the Starbucks app - they just read the number off your phone and enter it manually. And you do earn stars! Prices are about a dollar more per drink than on land.

Our favorite snack onboard was from Windjammer - make a plate of meats, cheeses, breads and fruit in the afternoon.