Live From Emerald June 18 North Cape & Summer Solstice

Shogun

Hi All

Couple of Elite items,

Due to numbers elite tendering was controlled by going to dining room,

getting put away in small groups, laundry was taking three days,

many elites were P&O cruisers trying Princess due price and ports.

yours Shogun

Hi All

Couple of Elite items,

Due to numbers elite tendering was controlled by going to dining room,

getting put away in small groups, laundry was taking three days,

many elites were P&O cruisers trying Princess due price and ports.

yours Shogun

Hello Shogun.

We are sorry to hear you had problems with your bed, that was most unfortunate, as everyone we were in contact with were very pleased re comfort of beds and pillows.Being an experienced cruiser I cant understand why your didnt take your problem to head of housekeeping.

I wouldnt like your negative experience to put new cruisers off.

We found the elite tendering system most efficient .

We only had to wait aprox 5mins in the dinning room before being allocated a tender.

Our experience of laundry was excellent mostly being back the next day except for last laundry being received last afternoon of sea day.Our cabin steward informed us in advance it would take a day longer.

As to your comment re P&O elite passengers,many cruisers who cruise with different lines would choose princess due to excellent ports and competitive price on this cruise

Hi lanarkshire lad,

we took issue up with supervisor, even spent time with customer services director but did not bring up issue as had other things to chat about,

only had one other person talked to me about bed issues, most say beds were very good, can not believe ours was new bed

we had no wait for tenders,

as to P&O folks trying Princess and being elite just wished P&O did the same

yours Shogun

Hi All

Before cruise I was concerned to find out football was being shown, after bad experience a few years ago, just to advise due to age of passengers there was no issues with good numbers watching the games but no foot ball colours, drunks, swearing etc,

yours Shogun

Yours or ours.....:D:D:D

Bob

We had to change cabins and while it is the same bed model, it does not sleep the same. This one is much firmer than the prior one. (Wish we would have had this one for the past 4 weeks.)

So your mileage may vary....

Hi jackieo

weather was amazing shorts and short sleeves being worn, I am wearing a

survival suite as was in high speed rib boat, suite is type that floats if you fall

over board so no life jackets required. Also keeps you dry from sea spray.

yours Shogun

Hi Caber,

300 Huskys, great place for dog lovers but you need to dress correctly these are not pets, but very chilled out working dogs, pity that they were not offering rides even on trikes would have been fun,

puppies are always ahhhhh.

was good to talk to professionals about feeding ours are on same diet

yours Shogun

Shogun,

I'm looking forward to your review, especially your thoughts on sailing so far north, i.e. rough seas, etc. Enjoy the land of the midnight sun aboard one of my favorite ships!

We did this same cruise last year on the Caribbean Princess. Probably the best cruise we have ever taken. The seas were pretty much glass for the entire trip, and we never encountered any rough weather at all. It was cold though.

Hi All

Captain has been on to say we are sailing into a storm sea conditions rough wind 45 he advised to secure lose items in cabins etc, with so many older folks on board any rough conditions will be a challenge for them,

While in IC an older man was leaning with his back to the wall well got things wrong and loud bang and he was flat on the floor well in the time it took other passengers to work out what had happened a number of waiters had rushed to the man’s aid, he was unhurt was given a chair and comforted for some time but very impressed with speed of waiters,

Tried crown grill with folks who have never been before they thought service setting etc was fine we had a window seat, however they thought sea food lacked taste meat was OK but would have been better flame cooked thought desserts too sweet overall meal was fine but had had better in main dining room,

As to salty dog still only seen one table each night in use, spoke to some crew who are coming to end of contract they plan an evening in crown grill as they miss sabatinis

Still ongoing battle with the new beds got up the other day and back went, we have not booked or taken out any future cruise credits can not put into words how much l dislike this bed, now have seen folk carrying on there own pillows before if you see a guy carrying a mattress it will be me for just now no plans to risk my health with these beds again.

Overall this has been a fine cruise amazing weather passenger mix older than normal shows standing room only etc, on board feeling a little different due to high number of baits on board, again not being from our age group means you do not mix as much as we would on other cruises.

Ship running plenty of drills bridge keeps you up to date of what’s going on, we are on deck 8 had a man outside our window today which was a bit of a surprise.

Yours shogun[/QU

Our beds were manageable but had large dents in them - no chance of rolling out if the sea was rough! These mattresses are supposed to be new but it will be surprising if they last more than a few months