Bermuda White cap's Dawn

biker@sea

Ha Ha, I'm watching *your* ship also. ;)

Also I'm eying on her tracking. I think she is delaying her arrival ... no, she's not. I thought she'd arrive at 11 am as in the past , but now she's arriving at 12:30.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:374588/zoom:10#

https://www.marineandports.bm/Documents/Shipping_schedules/2016_Cruise_Ship_Schedule.pdf

P.S. Dawn is NOT heading to dock in Hamilton!!!

Edited by bluesea777

Ha Ha, it would take a miracle for the Dawn to slip thru the harbor channel to dock at Hamilton ... you meant to say the wharf's @ Dockyard - mission impossible.

Looks like it might still be on time for 12:30 ADT arrival, getting her safely tied up at the King's Wharf would be more demanding - the pilot ship St. Davis was alongside - now that she is inside the reefs, waves aren't bad unlike outside during her approach forecasted by local weather service @ 6' to 9' ... wind is howling & gusting to 35 mph.

With waves of 3' to 5' inside the reefs, would SeaExpress still keep their ferries running on their Sunday schedule or suspended to/from Dockyard (island wide ?) ... getting around for 2,500+ pax with the public buses & even with chartered bus services and taxis would be a challenge.

We've been lucky on all of our BDA sailings that the ferries kept their schedules ... even though this is a Sunday & many places aren't open.

Edited by mking8288

Sorry for any confusion but, I do believe when the Harbormaster " Close's the Harbor " it applies to All Bermuda water's. St. George's harbor, Castle Harbor, Hamilton Harbor, Dockyard.

It all start's in the North end of the island.

P.S. Dawn has tendered into Hamilton in the past. :)

Edited by biker@sea

Dawn at King's Wharf instead of Heritage... is this going to be the norm for this seasons sailings?

Yes, and that was the case last year, too. The reason is that the Dawn is often in Bermuda at the same time as a larger Royal Caribbean ship (this year, although not this week, Anthem of the Seas) that must dock at Heritage Wharf. I assume it just made more sense operationally to always dock the Dawn and Kings Wharf rather than docking some weeks at Heritage Wharf and some weeks at Kings Wharf.

Yes, and that was the case last year, too. The reason is that the Dawn is often in Bermuda at the same time as a larger Royal Caribbean ship (this year, although not this week, Anthem of the Seas) that must dock at Heritage Wharf. I assume it just made more sense operationally to always dock the Dawn and Kings Wharf rather than docking some weeks at Heritage Wharf and some weeks at Kings Wharf.

Thank you njhorseman! I guess I hadn't noticed last year!