Port Canaveral Terminal ??

Will a handicap person have difficulty from drop off curb side getting thru terminal to wheelchair assistance after check in. Person is in his 80's and uses a cane but has difficulty walking. Scooter will be waiting in cabin. This will be in Nov., on the Oasis. Any info is appreciated.

I haven't traveled with anyone needing assistance but I do not believe there are any stairs in the terminal. I'm sure someone will have more help for you soon.

Ramps and elevators are available in the terminal.

Ramps and elevators are available in the terminal.

In my one visit there, to terminal 1 that I believe Royal uses exclusively now?, noticing the ramp from the drop off area to the check in was very long and gradual, even though nobody in my group needed it, it was obviously designed to make it easy. In the earliest days of the terminal there were reported problems on getting off the ship, but the process was well organized by the time I used it last May. There was a tall escalator, but they had plenty of people directing people who needed the elevators.

Though there are indeed ramps and elevators, it is a large terminal and a very long walk.

We had someone near us when getting off who said that she wished she had gotten a wheelchair assist (she was using a cane and was having a tough time).

Though there are indeed ramps and elevators, it is a large terminal and a very long walk.

We had someone near us when getting off who said that she wished she had gotten a wheelchair assist (she was using a cane and was having a tough time).

That's a great point for those who are slightly mobility impaired.

Call Royal and tell them you will need assistance with embarkation and debarkation.

At the terminal you may have to wait your turn for a wheelchair, but someone will take you from outside the terminal all the way thru check in and right on to the ship. They will normally take you to just inside the ship but there are seats where you can sit. My other half has issues and we do this all of the time. Once aboard, go to guest services and ask someone to bring the scooter from your room down to you.

I believe Epic will use Terminal 1, if not now, then later in the year.

Ive seen Epic there. What i meant was this is the only terminal that Royal is using. But ive not seen two royal ships in this port in quite awhile.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Call Royal and tell them you will need assistance with embarkation and debarkation.

At the terminal you may have to wait your turn for a wheelchair' date=' but someone will take you from outside the terminal all the way thru check in and right on to the ship. They will normally take you to just inside the ship but there are seats where you can sit. My other half has issues and we do this all of the time. Once aboard, go to guest services and ask someone to bring the scooter from your room down to you.[/quote']

Thanks, I did not know you could get assistance outside the terminal. I thought you had to go thru security and get checked in first. We will call Royal.

Also, thanks for info on getting scooter brought down from room.

Edited by retiredgram

At the terminal you may have to wait your turn for a wheelchair' date=' but someone will take you from outside the terminal all the way thru check in and right on to the ship. They will normally take you to just inside the ship but there are seats where you can sit. My other half has issues and we do this all of the time. Once aboard, go to guest services and ask someone to bring the scooter from your room down to you.[/quote']

Are scooter available at a charge? Traveling this Dec. and can't decide if we should bring our own wheelchair?

Terminal 1 will be royal. epic is using it untill the renovation of terminal 10 is complete. The layout is easy to navigate and the elevators are well signposted as well as guides to direct people towards them.it is a bit of a walk from the door to the elevators as the security checkpoint is layed out in a L formation.

Are scooter available at a charge? Traveling this Dec. and can't decide if we should bring our own wheelchair?

The cruise line does not supply scooters. You would have to arrange to rent one yourself from someone like carevacations.com or specialneedsatsea.com.

Edited by clarea

The cruise line does not supply scooters. You would have to arrange to rent one yourself from someone like carevacations.com or specialneedsatsea.com.

Ok. Thanks. The scooter will be place in our room then I assume or we have to pick it up?

Ok. Thanks. The scooter will be place in our room then I assume or we have to pick it up?

I believe they do deliver right to the stateroom, but confirm with the websites I listed.

Ive seen Epic there. What i meant was this is the only terminal that Royal is using. But ive not seen two royal ships in this port in quite awhile.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Epic hasn't been here yet, she arrives in November with Oasis. :eek: I think she is scheduled for T10 which is currently closed for renovation and expansion.

Spirit was here this past winter and Breakaway made port calls from NY. Maybe that is what you are thinking about. One of the NCL ships is supposed to call on PC out of Miami. Seems like an odd route.

Grandeur stops in on occasion as well as Anthem on her 12 night trips. Royal will use T3 by Jetty Park if T1 is occupied. If three are in port, Grandeur will use T5 or T6 over on the North side. That doesn't happen often. T5 has recently reopened with a new garage and mobile passenger bridges.

Good news is that T1 could still snag a Saturday departure from Royal or Celebrity if the demand is there. Time will tell.

As to the OP, T1 is a fabulous terminal, and handles those with mobility issues very well.

Epic hasn't been here yet, she arrives in November with Oasis. :eek: I think she is scheduled for T10 which is currently closed for renovation and expansion.

Spirit was here this past winter and Breakaway made port calls from NY. Maybe that is what you are thinking about. One of the NCL ships is supposed to call on PC out of Miami. Seems like an odd route.

Grandeur stops in on occasion as well as Anthem on her 12 night trips. Royal will use T3 by Jetty Park if T1 is occupied. If three are in port, Grandeur will use T5 or T6 over on the North side. That doesn't happen often. T5 has recently reopened with a new garage and mobile passenger bridges.

Good news is that T1 could still snag a Saturday departure from Royal or Celebrity if the demand is there. Time will tell.

As to the OP, T1 is a fabulous terminal, and handles those with mobility issues very well.

That's good to know. Thank you.

There are times we have had Special Needs at Sea deliver the scooter to our hotel room if we come in a few days early. They do charge extra for this, about $100. It is then you responsibility to get it to the ship. Although, I do believe, for an yet another additional charge they will take it to the ship for you.