Coffee on Allure

Not sailing until December but deliberating whether or not to get the Ultimate or Premium drinks package. It would be nice to get the speciality coffees but since we cannot use the drinks package at the Starbucks concession I'm in 2 minds... Where else is speciality coffee served - is it just the Windjammer and Cafe Promenade. I believe that Starbucks has a much more extensive menu so since we would only be getting 1-2 coffees a day I'm wondering if it would be best to get the Premium and just buy a Starbucks coffee whenever we fancy one.

Not sailing until December but deliberating whether or not to get the Ultimate or Premium drinks package. It would be nice to get the speciality coffees but since we cannot use the drinks package at the Starbucks concession I'm in 2 minds... Where else is speciality coffee served - is it just the Windjammer and Cafe Promenade. I believe that Starbucks has a much more extensive menu so since we would only be getting 1-2 coffees a day I'm wondering if it would be best to get the Premium and just buy a Starbucks coffee whenever we fancy one.

Specialty coffees covered by the Ultimate package are available at Cafe Promenade, Park Cafe, and restaurants, including Windjammer.

Edited by clarea

If you are only planning 1-2 coffees a day (specialty coffees), I would go with your plan to purchase only the Premium package and pay for Starbucks if you want one. I had one coffee drink at Café Promenade and didn't particularly care for it. I think I may have had one free premium coffee drink as a C&A reward (can't specifically recall) which led me to try the coffee drink.

If you are considering the Ultimate primarily to have coffee drinks, I would not personally spend the extra money on the Ultimate package. I would just spend the money for a couple of drinks per day at the Starbucks. I am not a huge coffee drinker in general. In real life, I might have one small cup of coffee per day. On a cruise when I am feeling a little more indulgent and keep longer hours, I love frozen coffee drinks, so I do 1-2.

Everyone will have their opinions. For as little as you indicate you plan to drink, I don't know that the difference in price is worth it. It would not be to me.

Just off Allure last week. Coffee in Windjammer was not my fav. I usually had a cup to get me started but always ended up at Starbucks. I'd get just regular medium (tall at Starbucks I think) cup of coffee. $3.48. Well worth it.

Never got coffee from Cafe Promenade but as a gold member I could have had a specialty coffee for 25% off. Just forgot about it

Anyone know how the regular American coffee is in the promenade cafe? I drink my coffee black (with a little sweetener). I hate Starbucks coffee (they burn their beans) and would never pay extra for it. But my first cup of coffee of the day is pretty important to me. On FOS and LOS coffee in the promenade was tolerable (not great, but not vile as on some other lines). On other lines I have actually resorted to bringing my own ground coffee that I grind at home and a one cup Melitta drip after being forced to drink tea all week because their coffee was so awful!

Do I need to bring it on Allure?

Thanks

Anyone know how the regular American coffee is in the promenade cafe? I drink my coffee black (with a little sweetener). I hate Starbucks coffee (they burn their beans) and would never pay extra for it. But my first cup of coffee of the day is pretty important to me. On FOS and LOS coffee in the promenade was tolerable (not great, but not vile as on some other lines). On other lines I have actually resorted to bringing my own ground coffee that I grind at home and a one cup Melitta drip after being forced to drink tea all week because their coffee was so awful!

Do I need to bring it on Allure?

Thanks

My wife is the coffee drinker and thought the regular coffee was just OK in Cafe Promenade. She thinks the MDR coffee is better.

My friends and I purchased the "ultimate" package back in January and it was supposed to include Starbucks. We were just on the cruise last week and they don't include Starbucks anymore. We had to fight customer service to change lower our package to the "premium" and credit us because of misrepresenting. Took forever. I drank the regular coffee at Windjammer and the main dining room and found them fine.

Also, the regular water was fine too vs. the bottled water.

My friends and I purchased the "ultimate" package back in January and it was supposed to include Starbucks. We were just on the cruise last week and they don't include Starbucks anymore. We had to fight customer service to change lower our package to the "premium" and credit us because of misrepresenting. Took forever. I drank the regular coffee at Windjammer and the main dining room and found them fine.

Also, the regular water was fine too vs. the bottled water.

None of the packages have ever included Starbucks on Oasis and Allure. Unfortunately, sometimes incorrect information is given by the cruise line.