ROCK THE BOAT Charter

BMT

This is a 3-day cruise from Southampton and is the cruise before the one we are booked on.

But this is a charter and I am wondering what to expect. Am I right in assuming that our loyalty status will be irrelevant? No breakfast in Tuscan Grill etc.:eek:

We can get the same cabin though, which is a definite bonus.

Anyone been on a charter?

This is a 3-day cruise from Southampton and is the cruise before the one we are booked on.

But this is a charter and I am wondering what to expect. Am I right in assuming that our loyalty status will be irrelevant? No breakfast in Tuscan Grill etc.:eek:

We can get the same cabin though, which is a definite bonus.

Anyone been on a charter?

The music charters I've been exposed to were Blues Cruises on HAL. We received our Mariner perks and Mariner credit for the days, but we were at the charter's mercy on cabin choice. We normally book suites and were told it would probably be our 10th Blues Cruise or more before we would have enough seniority to get one. My guess is the Entertainers got most of them, but all I know for sure is we couldn't.

Edited by blizzardboy

You will still be able to do your normal stuff....only those who paid the 'charter' price will be allowed to attend any concerts, although sometimes, a band will give an open concert that anyone can enjoy.

If this is a full ship charter, i.e. you MUST book through Rock the Boat, this would be different than a Group where you can book either thru Rock the Boat OR thru Celebrity Direct.

If it is a full charter, I.e. you can not book via Celebrity directly, then you will accumulate captains club points, and get your coupon sheet. But there will likely not be evening cocktail receptions, breakfasts etc. Even the Michaels' Club Concierge halts most of their programming (though suite guests do get access there for free alcohol). Also drinks packages may not be available, ensuring you pay per drink. On Atlantis, they DID allow non-alcoholic packages, but none of the alcohol packages applied. Suite perks DID apply that are tagged to the suite category (i.e. royal suite got free alcoholic beverages, but Celebrity suite did not). Hours and entertainment may vary - for example our buffet remained open till 5 am daily, closed for an hour then reopened. Also BLU and Luminae were available for any and all to book, no need for a suite or Aqua or come with a guest of those cabins, though they did charge a cover charge if your cabin category did not include it as a perk.

This is my experience from full-chartered Atlantis sailings on Celebrity Summit out of San Juan on 2 occasions.

If its just a group and you can still book thru Celebrity outside of the group, then your Captains perks will be delivered in full just as with any other typical sailing.

Edited by cle-guy

Thank you for all your replies.

I think its a full charter as it doesn't appear on Celebrity's website.

I wonder if we will get the free coffees in Cafe Bacio as we do on an ordinary cruise. Big part of our holiday!!:o

Decisions....decisions....

We did a music charter on Connie a few months ago and added on the regular cruise before it. Some comparisons:

-the charter was more expensive (the great 60's and 70's bands we had onboard were worth the extra $$).

-we didn't receive any go big, better, best perks on the charter

-we could purchase any of the beverage packages on the charter at the same cost as on the regular cruise

-we did not get our Captain's Club coupons on the charter or have any CC events

-we did get loyalty points on the charter

-we were in the same suite on both cruises and enjoyed Michael's Club, though there were private events in Michaels' Club on the charter every afternoon so we could be in there mornings and evenings only (also seemed like less attention from the Michael's Club concierge on the charter - he seemed busier)

-Blu was for AQ and Luminae for suites on this charter and the specialties were the same cost and available to book ahead of time or onboard

-the Cruise Director and staff were not in their usual roles on the charter - the charter company provided a host and activity staff.

-no annoying Celebrity Muzak everywhere - we had wonderful 60's and 70's music day and night on this charter

So some advantages for each - both wonderful experiences!!

You will still be able to do your normal stuff....only those who paid the 'charter' price will be allowed to attend any concerts, although sometimes, a band will give an open concert that anyone can enjoy.

That's been our experience too.

Thanks vtcrusing - 'almost' persuaded!!

Yes, its pricey for 3 days - and I will be with a VERY elderly lady- those are the only cons as far as I can see. Just a bit worried that it could be rather raucous!!!

Every charter is different. I've been on a charter where I was promised in writing certain suite amenities, standard on every cruise, that did not materialize. I was rather captive at that point. I've asked for coupons and received them. The one thing you will likely experience is a nice, warm atmosphere created by the common interest.

I wonder if we will get the free coffees in Cafe Bacio as we do on an ordinary cruise. Big part of our holiday!!:o

If your captain's club status provides this perk, you should get it (they did on my atlantis charters). They offer it based un the level printed on sea pass card.

Edited by cle-guy

• 1 month later...
If your captain's club status provides this perk, you should get it (they did on my atlantis charters). They offer it based un the level printed on sea pass card.

Well, they say not - but will wait and see - will try and get it, as Al Baccio would be a good place to park my elderly mother! The Company says only points will apply - which don't interest us:D But I think it will be a case of wait and see - even coupons will be nice!

I am now in the process of booking as the price has come down again - I expected it would:D We have managed to get the same cabin, which is a big plus.

Quite excited about this!! Fingers well-crossed as it will be a totally new experience for us on the normally staid Eclipse!!

Woo hoo:p