Diamond question about drinks loaded.

We also got bottled water and cans of coke on Serenade this February. We will find out what Oasis will do this September. Each ship can vary as to what they give out on the Diamond vouchers. And, it can vary by bar location on the ship too.

You are wrong. We got water and soft drinks with our D+ coupons both on the Serenade in January and February and on the jewel in April and May.

And there are many ships that do not allow bottled water with the drink coupons and will only give out the drinks that are on the official list as posted earlier.

As with many things Royal it is difficult to make blanket statements one way or the other as there tends to be a lot of variances between ships and even on the same ship at different bars or servers.

Thanks guys! Guess I'll try, all they can do is say no. ;). Yes, RCCL is so frustrating with their inconsistencies!:mad: Long story, but that's another reason why I took a long break from them.

The three drinks are loaded on your SeaPass daily and must be used during the Diamond Club cocktail hours as specified by the ship you are on (as they vary ship to ship) at most bars on board. They expire if unused each day and are not accumulated. Excluded is the MDR and other specialty dining venues and I believe the Champagne Bar on ships with that lounge. You also have unlimited drinks in the Diamond Club in addition to the three voucher drinks.

The bartenders should realize by the C & A status printed on your SeaPass cards that your vouchers should be used, but you can also remind them of that when you order your drink. You will receive a N/C receipt as they have to run your card through the register to tally the vouchers. As there is no gratuity added with this, in IMO it is considered appropriate tip the bartenders as you would in the Diamond Club.

Officially bottled water was not included but we had no problems getting bottled water using our 3-drinks per Diamond seapass card perk, during our recent Serenade of the Seas cruise. All during the cocktail hours of course.

Also, even though there is a list of drinks, if you ask the bartender very nicely, you could be pleasantly surprised what drinks you could get.

We have found that if you are friendly with the bartenders and provide a cash tip for the free drinks, you will often be able to order nearly anything whether it is on the list or not. If you establish a good relationship with one bartender or a team at one of the bars, take care of them and they will remember you and take care of your beverage needs for the rest of your cruise. :D :)

We have found that if you are friendly with the bartenders and provide a cash tip for the free drinks, you will often be able to order nearly anything whether it is on the list or not. If you establish a good relationship with one bartender or a team at one of the bars, take care of them and they will remember you and take care of your beverage needs for the rest of your cruise. :D :)

Yes, my hubby does that! ;)

The pre-inaugural/maiden on Ovation was my first experience as Diamond.

I made good use of the lounge, but there was no list of available drinks. There was a table loaded with white wine, rose wine, red wine and sparkling wine (probably prosecco, never champagne!).

I asked about other drinks but the choice seemed to be limited. I just went for a G&T.

You are right. I kinda found that out too. :):)

As another poster mentioned....grats are not included when you use your three

drink voucher. Some mentioned getting a receipt and some not. If you don't get

a receipt, I would hope you are paying the tip in cash. I always insist on a receipt,

and many times get the quizzical look from the bartender. I tell them, "It is so I can

add your tip onto it". They always give me a huge smile of appreciation. It is quite

obvious that many do not tip, and the waitstaff/bartenders get stiffed. One of the

reasons they don't like the voucher system. :(

Soft drinks are included, but does it mean can or gun? We will have drinks packages, but that means coke by glass which certainly tastes differen from the can. Can I get 3 cans of coke with my D vouchers?

Can and yes.

• 2 weeks later...