Thermal suite on the Jewel

AK Dreaming

Just off the Escape and going on the Jewel in August. I know the spa is not as elaborate on the Jewel, but is it worth the spa pass?

"Worth it" is subjective. For me, any spa with the heated tile loungers is worth it. The Jewel has a plunge pool, a hottub, and fancy showers on each side, then in the coed area, a thalassotherapy pool and the loungers.

Do they charge the same price on the Jewel even though the amenities are not as lavish as the newer boats? I'm contemplating this also.

I love the heated loungers but I've only done the Carnival spa--and they keep the loungers separate from the pool/hot tub. I'm wondering if it's noisy.

Do they charge the same price on the Jewel even though the amenities are not as lavish as the newer boats? I'm contemplating this also.

I love the heated loungers but I've only done the Carnival spa--and they keep the loungers separate from the pool/hot tub. I'm wondering if it's noisy.

Idk what the charge is on the big boats, but on Jewel class, for a 7 day cruise, it's something like $129. On Pearl for a 5 day, it's $99 in advance.

Aloha,

For my mother and I the pass wasn't worth it compared to the other Thermal Suites on NCL. I've been on the Epic and Pearl and was used to the large coed area and the large pool. The "pool" on the Jewel fits only 4-6 comfortably (and that's pushing it). To me it was just a glorified hot tub. Personally, if I go on the Jewel again, I most likely wouldn't get the pass. But that's just my opinion! It's still a decent space to relax and get away from everyone else for a little while. As far as the price goes, I believe the OP are correct on the $129 pre cruise price (aka the same price as the others).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Aloha,

For my mother and I the pass wasn't worth it compared to the other Thermal Suites on NCL. I've been on the Epic and Pearl and was used to the large coed area and the large pool. The "pool" on the Jewel fits only 4-6 comfortably (and that's pushing it). To me it was just a glorified hot tub. Personally, if I go on the Jewel again, I most likely wouldn't get the pass. But that's just my opinion! It's still a decent space to relax and get away from everyone else for a little while. As far as the price goes, I believe the OP are correct on the $129 pre cruise price (aka the same price as the others).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you. I think we'll wait and check it out first.

"Worth it" is subjective. For me, any spa with the heated tile loungers is worth it. The Jewel has a plunge pool, a hottub, and fancy showers on each side, then in the coed area, a thalassotherapy pool and the loungers.

Was the thermal spa on the Jewel ever crowded for you? My husband and I purchased the spa pass on our upcoming Alaskan cruise (Sept 17 - 27).

• 4 months later...

I was just on the Breakaway last week. The thermal suite pass was listed as $179 in advance, but then a few weeks before sailing it went up to $199. Once on board they were asking $238. Fortunately I was booked in a spa room and didn't need to pay the extra fee. I agree with some other folks that some guests were speaking loudly to be heard over the din of the waterfall and jets in the thalasso pool so it was not as peaceful as it should have been. I prefer the layout on the Jewel class ships.

On the jewel, the unisex areas have a sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi, cold plunge, small sitting area. The sauna has big picture windows and the Jacuzzi has nice forward facing views over the bow.

The CoEd area is small. The two pictures below are the entire coed area

Jewel_Spa_1.jpg

Jewel_Spa_2.jpg

Jewel Unisex Area in each locker room

Jewel_Spa_3.jpg

Jewel_Spa_4.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels

• 2 years later...