Jamaica...What to do

Snookum

I for one am not travelling to another country and not experiencing it.

We have been to Jamaica twice (both times docked in Falmouth) and both times booked private tours to Irie Blue Hole which also included lunch at Scotchies (amazing jerk and served in a beautiful surrounding). You can do as much or as little at Irie Blue Hole as you want. If you have mobility issues they can at least get yo in the water to swim around even if you do not do any climbing or jumping. It is an incredibly beautiful place. We love it there.

Someone asked about the guides at the Blue Hole. They do a great job with people of different abilities and while no gratuity is required, you will be more than happy to give them one. They treated us great both times we have been.

Love meeting locals wherever we go.

I've been completely undecided about what to do while in Jamaica. Like the OP, my group has those with mobility issues, those that are overweight, and children (we are a group of 9). Since we are going to be in the MoBay port, I had just about decided to do Dr. Cave's beach, Margarittaville, and possibly Pork Pit. But Dunn's Falls looks nice, and Blue Hole looks amazing. That's quite a ways from Montego Bay, however.

Now I'm undecided again... LOL

I would go to Dunn's River Falls.

Other than that to be very honest with you I would not do anything else.

We have found that Jamaica is far different than the advertisements lead one to believe.

For a land vacation they have some nice resort where you essentially stay there the entire time.

Keith

Fairly cost efficient, there is a trolley tour , it's just over an hour long stops at a few places along the way , something a bit different than a beach day

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi, We've never been to Falmouth, Jamaica. We need something easy. The trolley tour sounds nice. Do you know about how much per person and what stops along the way?

If you know of anything else, please feel free to share. We have been to Jamaica, Ocho, gone to Margaritaville. Interesting and nice.

Thanks in advance.

Safe travels to you!

Hi, We've never been to Falmouth, Jamaica. We need something easy. The trolley tour sounds nice. Do you know about how much per person and what stops along the way?

If you know of anything else, please feel free to share. We have been to Jamaica, Ocho, gone to Margaritaville. Interesting and nice.

Thanks in advance.

Safe travels to you!

I believe it was 25.00 PP the ticket booth was over near the market area inside the port area , the 4 of us really enjoyed it

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We made Jamaica a beach day and went to Doctors Cave beach in Montego Bay. Found a private driver to take us and pick us up. The beach was awesome and clean, the food great, and the drinks strong. Had a great time there and only got approached twice if we wanted weed...but that was all outside the beach area.

Did you have your driver already arrange or find one after you got off the ship? Do you remember what the charge was for the beach and the driver? This sounds like something we want to do.

I for one am not travelling to another country and not experiencing it.

We have been to Jamaica twice (both times docked in Falmouth) and both times booked private tours to Irie Blue Hole which also included lunch at Scotchies (amazing jerk and served in a beautiful surrounding). You can do as much or as little at Irie Blue Hole as you want. If you have mobility issues they can at least get yo in the water to swim around even if you do not do any climbing or jumping. It is an incredibly beautiful place. We love it there.

Someone asked about the guides at the Blue Hole. They do a great job with people of different abilities and while no gratuity is required, you will be more than happy to give them one. They treated us great both times we have been.

Love meeting locals wherever we go.

We're going to be docking in Ocho Rios and want to do Dunn's River, Nine Mile and Scotchies. What tour company did you use?