Princess - claiming Shareholder OBC

Regarding the China visa, if you live close to Sydney, it's best go to the Chinese Embassy and apply. You will then have to return 2 weeks later to pick them up, or when they contact you. Otherwise sending your passports via registered mail is quite safe. Include a stamped, addressed envelope, so they can post them back to you. I'm not sure if the other capital cities have a Chinese Embassy.

About the Carnival shares, pardon my ignorance, but can anyone tell me what the benefits are from having them. I have been curious as to whether it is viable to own them.

About the Carnival shares, pardon my ignorance, but can anyone tell me what the benefits are from having them. I have been curious as to whether it is viable to own them.

OBC depending on the length of your cruise:

6 nights or less - $50 per cabin

7 - 13 nights - $100 per cabin

14+ nights - $250 per cabin

on any of the Cruise Lines that are part of Carnival Corporation.

Plus they pay dividends - currently $0.35 per share per quarter.

They're a reasonable price at the moment. Not cheap but they have been higher. CCL is rated as a good long term prospect. The exchange rate is rising at the moment too.

OBC depending on the length of your cruise:

6 nights or less - $50 per cabin

7 - 13 nights - $100 per cabin

14+ nights - $250 per cabin

on any of the Cruise Lines that are part of Carnival Corporation.

Plus they pay dividends - currently $0.35 per share per quarter.

They're a reasonable price at the moment. Not cheap but they have been higher. CCL is rated as a good long term prospect. The exchange rate is rising at the moment too.

Here is a PDF with some details.

CCL Shareholder Benefits .pdf

I sent an email last Wednesday, with all details and proof of purchase attached, and I still haven't heard back from them. :mad:

I'll try sending it again today.

I am sorry to hear the bad response. That is the only email address I use and it has worked for me Princess, P&O Aust, P&O UK and Carnival. Have you had any confirming response yet using the other address?

I am sorry to hear the bad response. That is the only email address I use and it has worked for me Princess, P&O Aust, P&O UK and Carnival. Have you had any confirming response yet using the other address?

I had an autoresponse but that's all so far. Frustrating. :mad:

Regarding the China visa, if you live close to Sydney, it's best go to the Chinese Embassy and apply. You will then have to return 2 weeks later to pick them up, or when they contact you. Otherwise sending your passports via registered mail is quite safe. Include a stamped, addressed envelope, so they can post them back to you. I'm not sure if the other capital cities have a Chinese Embassy.

Thanks Katie11,we live a million miles from a major city so have posted,via regesterd.:):)

Try this email address instead/as well.

Yes, that's the one that I got the auto response from saying it will be actioned in the next 15 business days. Oh well, at least I got a response from that one.

Thanks, anyway.

I guess I just have to wait until they get around to actually reading my email.

Yes, that's the one that I got the auto response from saying it will be actioned in the next 15 business days. Oh well, at least I got a response from that one.

Thanks, anyway.

I guess I just have to wait until they get around to actually reading my email.

Strange, but don't worry, they normally respond much quicker than 15 days.

Julie,this is what I have info.

Kathy Gill

Princess Cruises

Level 5 15 Mount Street, North Sydney N.S.W 2060

For urgent enquiries, please call our Customer Service centre on AU: 13 24 88 or NZ: 0800 780 717 between 7:00AM to 7:00PM Monday to Friday, and 8:00AM to 4:00PM Saturday's (AEDST).

E-mail info@princesscruises.com.au

OR

defencebenefits@princesscruises.com.au

ph/13 24 88 (au) or 0800 780 717 (nz)

Fax/ (02)8424 9160 (au) or (09) 368 9216 (nz)

Hope this helps,you prob have this info anyway.

I would be on the phone ad-nausium.

Hi everyone, first post here but I've enjoyed reading everything!

I have these shares and it's my first time applying for the OBC but can't work out what I need to send? They were purchased within 90 days so would they accept the contract note? Or is there something else I can print out online from my ANZ share investing account?

Edited by Poundgirl

Poundgirl,

Welcome to CC.

Do you get a monthly custodial statement or statement of holdings from ANZ ?

If not, ring ANZ and explain what you need and why.

If you do get this, print the latest off, blank out your account number info and other share holdings then email in.

Whilst the recent contract note may be sufficient for this cruise, for future cruises it may not be as the date showing on it will not be recent enough.

Edited by Opua Kiwi

Thanks for replying Opua Kiwi ... so glad to have found this forum for Aussie/NZ cruisers!

I've only just purchased the shares so all I've got is the Contract Note for purchase dated last week and what I can print out when I log in to ANZ Share Trading. The Carnival webpage says I need a "photocopy of shareholder proxy card, shares certificate, a dividend tax voucher or a current brokerage or nominee statement with your brokerage account number blacked out" but not a Contract note so I wasn't sure if they would accept that and the Carnival lady at Head Office in North Sydney couldn't tell me.

As a few people here seemed to have successfully claimed the OBC I thought if I could find out the exact name of what they send in and I'd try and get that instead as I may waste time sending in the wrong thing and my next Carnival cruise is in just over 3 weeks. Once I start getting dividend statements I guess I should be OK from then on though ....

My CCL shares were purchased through E*trade. now called "ANZ Share Investing". I log on to my account, to the "My portfilio" page. Select "email account" then I select" in PDF format".

Open email. You will need to provide your User ID to open the email. Go to the page that lists your holdings. You cannot print the page. I use the "Ctrl "+"Print Screen" buttons on key board. I then open Paint (a free graphics editor) or you can use another graphics editor program. Select "Ctrl"+"V" to paste the screen capture into Paint. Crop as required, save as JPEG file and attach to email to "defencebenefits@princesscruises.com.au"

Hope that helps.:)

Edited by By The Bay

Thanks By The Bay, it's good you use ANZ too and could direct me right there! The only thing it emails me is the Contract Note and even though it's password protected it lets me print it out the usual way with File - Print so I did that, blacked out the account number then scanned it in ready to attach to an email.

Maybe the shares haven't gone into the Portfolio yet as it's such a new purchase so I'll keep checking and use your option for any future cruises.

The Carnival lady took my email address to send me more info and the email said to send it to shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com and also "if you have any probs with this email address, send thru to feedback@pocruises.com.au and explain the other address not working"

I guess since it's a Carnival cruise I'll try the Carnival address first and see what happens!