Princess - claiming Shareholder OBC

We sent it to that one as well as CCing the shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com one

I originally sent mine to that one but had no response, then I sent it to defencebenefits@princesscruises.com.au with a note asking if that was the correct email address to use.

When I got the email confirming the OBC they also noted:

"In relation to your recent email, I am able to confirm that this is the correct email address to get your Shareholder Benefits applied to your up coming booking."

I originally sent mine to that one but had no response, then I sent it to defencebenefits@princesscruises.com.au with a note asking if that was the correct email address to use.

When I got the email confirming the OBC they also noted:

"In relation to your recent email, I am able to confirm that this is the correct email address to get your Shareholder Benefits applied to your up coming booking."

I had previously sent it to both so figured it was worth doing again, especially in light of the delayed actioning that seems to be occurring.

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, we have sent off for our OBC, we received the response email straight away, now to see how long it will take for me.:D

We have just received email notification that our Shareholder Benefit has been applied and will be showing in the personaliser.

It has taken just under 13 days (9 business days) to process, which is certainly slower than previously but isn't too bad.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Getting shareholder OBC out of Princess is like getting blood out of a stone.

First I put in a request with my latest brokers statement issued 30th June after booking our cruise departing 29th November and received a reply that the request had to be within 90 days of departure and to resend the request later. I sent it again on 2nd September, less than 90 days to go, and only just received another rejection (28 days later), this time because my Broker Issued Statement was issued longer than 90 days before the date of departure. Luckily a new Broker statement will be issued in about a week because a dividend has just been paid. Be aware of the new policy about age of proof of shareholding.

This is the email I received;

In relation to your recent email, you have provided all the information we do need to apply your Shareholder benefits to the supplied booking. But as the policy has changed I will not be able to add them in this instance.

The new policy states, we can only apply Shareholder benefits within 90 days of sailing. If you could please send through an updated statement that is no older than 3 months prior to departure we will be able to apply the benefits to the supplied bookings. For example your statement must be provided from the 29th Ausgust.

We just download a statement when needed rather than waiting for the dividend statement.

But what they are saying is that the statement you download and send to them has to have been issued no more than 90 days before the departure of your cruise. That appears to be the part of the policy that has changed.

But what they are saying is that the statement you download and send to them has to have been issued no more than 90 days before the departure of your cruise. That appears to be the part of the policy that has changed.

Thats always been the case. The holdings must be current at the 90 day mark minimum. And then I do what mic does. Around the 80 day mark I download the statement or get a screen capture and email it off.

Edited by Pushka

Tried everything recommended and what I always do as well (8 times) NO LUCK

Sent a message with the ayttachment to the Captains Circle lady and got my obc in 1 day

Thanks to her she is a gem relax now:D:D:D

Thats always been the case. The holdings must be current at the 90 day mark minimum. And then I do what mic does. Around the 80 day mark I download the statement or get a screen capture and email it off.

Are you saying that you just capture the brokers view of your holding, which is not official statement, and send that to them and they accept that?

My broker, Commsec, only issues two official statements per year after each dividend payment.

Are you saying that you just capture the brokers view of your holding, which is not official statement, and send that to them and they accept that?

My broker, Commsec, only issues two official statements per year after each dividend payment.

I provide this advice as an example of what I do with my shares that I purchased through E*Trade, now known as "ANZ Share Investing". It could be similar with your COMSEC holding.

Go to the page that lists your holdings. If you cannot print the page, use the "Ctrl "+"Print Screen" buttons on key board. I then open Paint (a free graphics editor) or you can use another graphics editor program. Select "Ctrl"+"V" to paste the screen capture into Paint. Crop as required, save as JPEG file and attach to email to “defencebenefits@princesscruises.com.au”. Ensure your name, and date are included.

Correct. ANZ etrade doesnt send statements, just dividend notices.

Tried everything recommended and what I always do as well (8 times) NO LUCK

Sent a message with the ayttachment to the Captains Circle lady and got my obc in 1 day

Thanks to her she is a gem relax now:D:D:D

Good work, more than one way to skin a cat.:D

I provide this advice as an example of what I do with my shares that I purchased through E*Trade, now known as "ANZ Share Investing". It could be similar with your COMSEC holding.

Go to the page that lists your holdings. If you cannot print the page, use the "Ctrl "+"Print Screen" buttons on key board. I then open Paint (a free graphics editor) or you can use another graphics editor program. Select "Ctrl"+"V" to paste the screen capture into Paint. Crop as required, save as JPEG file and attach to email to “defencebenefits@princesscruises.com.au”. Ensure your name, and date are included.

Correct, a screen dump of the onscreen view showing the date, the share holdings and your name.:D

I just go into my shares website (a division of a bank_) and log in to see my details Then I download this to my computer and attach it to my e-mails Ensure it has your full name on it as some of the statements do not include this

Thanks everyone for your help. I'll try sending a copy of the screen dump and see what happens.

It looks like info@princesscruises.com.au is the email address to send to. The replies I got back were from that address and they left the trail of emails. Both defencebenefits@princesscruises.com.au and shareholderbenefits@carnivalaustralia.com were forwarded to info@princesscruises.com.au.

Thanks everyone for your help. I'll try sending a copy of the screen dump and see what happens.

It looks like info@princesscruises.com.au is the email address to send to. The replies I got back were from that address and they left the trail of emails. Both defencebenefits@princesscruises.com.au and shareholderbenefits@carnivalaustralia.com were forwarded to info@princesscruises.com.au.

I am sure you will be successful now, but will wish you good luck anyway.:D

I rang Princess about the different email addresses and they informed me to send it to defencebenefits@princesscruises.com.au , The replies are always from info@princesscruises.com.au.