Escape Haven Spa suite

hawaiideb

We just took an upsell opportunity, and are now in a Haven spa suite. We do not have any perks other than that we are both platinum lattitudes members, so we have our 2 free dinners. Nothing else- no UDP/SDP, UBP,etc. Not a problem as we aren't drinkers, usually only sodas for DH and juice/lemonaide for me.

We know breakfast and lunches are served in the Haven restaurant, but are confused about the dinners in the Haven restaurant. I have seen menus including filet, surf and turf, etc. Is that considered an upcharge restaurant for dinner, or is it just another complimentary dinner option for Haven guest only that happens to have better food options?

Also, many have talked about the butler bringing sodas and leaving them in the room. I'm assuming that's for those people with the UDP/beverage package. Other places I have read that drinks are free at the Haven bar. Is this for anyone is a Haven room? Will it be awkward with a Haven room and no UBP? I don't want to assume perks, but don't want to miss out on all the Haven designation provides. Thanks!

Edited by hawaiideb
changed wording

The Haven Restaurant - everything is free for suite guests. I had lobster there 4 out of 7 nights on Breakaway - it was that good!

Drinks are not free unless you have the beverage package. In your suite there is a mini-bar with various drinks in there which are also NOT free.

You WILL receive 1 bottle of sparkling wine upon embarkation. If you don't want it, you can trade it with your butler for some other type of wine.

We know breakfast and lunches are served in the Haven restaurant, but are confused about the dinners in the Haven restaurant. I have seen menus including filet, surf and turf, etc. Is that considered an upcharge restaurant for dinner, or is it just another complimentary dinner option for Haven guest only that happens to have better food options?

As a Haven guest (incl. H9 upsell :) ) you are treated like any other Haven guest. In the Haven restaurant, you can order whatever food you want without an extra charge

Also, many have talked about the butler bringing sodas and leaving them in the room. I'm assuming that's for those people with the UDP/beverage package. Other places I have read that drinks are free at the Haven bar. Is this for anyone is a Haven room? Will it be awkward with a Haven room and no UBP? I don't want to assume perks, but don't want to miss out on all the Haven designation provides. Thanks!

Alcoholic drinks brought by the butler aren't included even if you have the UBP. Regular beverages (Iced tea, water, etc.) can be brought by the butler without charge. The Haven bar swipes your card so if you don't have a package, it will be charged to your account (you can tip your bartender with cash if you prefer).

If you aren't big drinkers, just "pay as you drink". If you think that you may drink more than usual, consider buying a UBP (Prepaid @ $79.00 USD per person per day x Cruise Days plus 18% gratuity). You're probably better off just paying per drink.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

What a great upsell! You'll love the room and the spa is a great place to relax. My DH enjoyed it much more than he thought he would.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner at the Haven is wonderful. The menu doesn't change but is so good that you want to eat there all the time. We skipped the last of our SDP meals to eat again at the Haven for dinner.

The access to the spa is worth $200 per person (cost for the week if not in a spa suite.) Can you share with us what the cost per person was for the upsell?

We had booked the cheapest inside guarantee option we could find, online and was waiting to see where our cabin assignment was. We upgraded for $500 pp, and they refunded us our prepaid 6 day spa pass onto our credit card (we were planning on using the spa anyway). With the perks of the Haven and the Haven restaurant, We are very happy!!!

Edited by hawaiideb

We had booked the cheapest inside guarantee option we could find, online and was waiting to see where our cabin assignment was. We upgraded for $500 pp, and they refunded us our prepaid 6 day spa pass onto our credit card (we were planning on using the spa anyway). With the perks of the Haven and the Haven restaurant, We are very happy!!!

Wow! That is an amazing deal! We loved the Escape and are currently booked in a balcony this fall. Who knows, perhaps the upsell fairy might be good to us too.

With access to both the Haven and the Spa, you might want to stay on board in port:D

i never see these rooms discounted just thought i would ask if anyone had seen any discounts EVER on the Haven suites ?

Yes, I have gotten a 1 bedroom villa on NCL Jade discounted - they had a 1 day price drop on a travel agent website and I upgraded from a penthouse to the Villa.

i never see these rooms discounted just thought i would ask if anyone had seen any discounts EVER on the Haven suites ?

We got our discount on the Haven by calling the upsell department about 18 days before sailing.