NCL Escape imbarkation day MDR for lunch?

meslt1992

We have been on multiple Jewel class NCL cruises.

And there's always one of the main dining rooms that is open on embarkation day for lunch.

I was curious as to whether there was an MDR open for lunch on embarkation day on the Escape?

I sure appreciate any help.

thank you.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

Yes, either Savor or Taste (the two smaller MDRs will be open.) We've only sailed NCL twice but both times there was plenty of room there. Guess most people go to the buffet...or perhaps don't know NCL offers this! Love the option of a sit down lunch with a tablecloth and no fighting crowds on embarkation day!

Yes, either Savor or Taste (the two smaller MDRs will be open.) We've only sailed NCL twice but both times there was plenty of room there. Guess most people go to the buffet...or perhaps don't know NCL offers this! Love the option of a sit down lunch with a tablecloth and no fighting crowds on embarkation day!

We too prefer a sit down lunch, and so less crowded. It's always a little known treat not to have to fight the masses in the Garden Cafe.

Thanks so much!

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

Our lunch at the MDR on embarkation day took 2 hours. This was after a 20 minute wait to get in. We will never do that again! It wasted nearly an entire afternoon of our cruise! From now on, I'll stick to the buffet or O'Sheehan's. There is way too much excitement to do and see stuff to waste so much time stuck in a restaurant.

WOW! What was the issue? Twice I've just walked right in and got a window table to boot.

These things just seem to vary from cruise to cruise.

We always go to o'Sheehans for

Lunch on embarkation day and it has never been more than half full. However a while ago there were reports on here of long queues to get in.

WOW! What was the issue? Twice I've just walked right in and got a window table to boot.

That's usually what happens for us too. Most folks hit up the buffet, and we've never had a problem getting into the MDR on embarkation day. It's the first stop we have planned for our cruise in a couple weeks! :D

We always enjoy embarkation lunch at Taste or Savor. We get there at noon (opening time) and can select any table. Margaritaville is also a good choice it's never crowded there on embarkation day or any day of the cruise.

Edited by 2ManyCruises

• 7 months later...
What type of food is usually served in the main dinning room for lunch. I've never been in a main dinning room for lunch.

If you google NCL lunch menu's you can see what is offered.

Many choices to look at. (Cruisin with Gambee) is 1.