Ready to write it off.. wait there's Cruise Critic

Hello again, made 2 phone calls to Royal today approx 30 mins apart and was quoted 2 different prices. I was trying to add another guest to my party of 5 under the locked-in blanket of the kid's sail free promo. However the guest im tryin to add is 15 yrs old w/c i made it clear to them, so agent reached out to supervisor and after a brief hold they came to a decision that my guest is " neither a child or an adult, but will apply the promo as long as i add him today". So i said i'll call back to gather all the vital info of the kid, he made a note on my reservation "TBA and price locked in"., and then i called back, different agent and supervisor singing a different tune, hint: 4-5x more, regardless i was able to trace the 1st supervisor, she apologized and reason was "she got confused". We ended the call in stalemate, i was contemplating of just giving in to the new price, but before i do so, Wonder if there's anything more i could have done and can do???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was trying to add another guest to my party of 5 under the locked-in blanket of the kid's sail free promo. However the guest im tryin to add is 15 yrs old w/c i made it clear to them,

KSF is Age 12 and Under at time of sailing.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-deals/offers/kids-sail-free-2016?icid=kdsjn__tctclp_kds_hm_cntntr_8900

Yep i missed my window, also i kinda get where their confusion is coming from; my nephew didn't qualify for 12 under and they are not sure at that moment if they will classify him as an adult.

Yep i missed my window, also i kinda get where their confusion is coming from; my nephew didn't qualify for 12 under and they are not sure at that moment if they will classify him as an adult.

He's a minor and will pay the regular additional guest rate. What aren't they sure about???

i just remember giving him the age, him typing in the computer giving me a price of $243 to add, then goin on to check with his supervisor where i was on hold for at least 10 mins..Him comin back, saying "he's neither a child or an adult" but will price him as child if i add him today.. I really had no idea if they have tiered pricing for specific age groups.

Ok this just in, called Royal but never mentioned about what happened earlier, there seems to be a glitch, I experimented adding two(adult and minor) to my cabin and the initial pricing I got was $243 each, I gave their age 34&15 and i'm still at the same price, only when they took the birthdates in and entered on system that everything changes. So I declined, but one thing I noticed is that the pricing for my nephew is slightly favorable compared to the adjusted price I was given on my 2nd call today.

We ended the call in stalemate, i was contemplating of just giving in to the new price, but before i do so, Wonder if there's anything more i could have done and can do???

Read the terms and conditions of the promos before attempting to book.

We called Royal during this promo and we're told they didn't have a room for 5 available. Then gave me this crazy ridiculous price for 2 rooms that with my limited knowledge seemed wrong. I should have just called back that day. I later found out they did have some available (7 staterooms actually) but by then it was no longer kids sale free and for us to move we would have to pay for the 2 free kids!! The total came to about $2000 more. Thanks but no thanks...

Edited by RARcruise

We called Royal during this promo and we're told they didn't have a room for 5 available. Then gave me this crazy ridiculous price for 2 rooms that with my limited knowledge seemed wrong. I should have just called back that day. I later found out they did have some available (7 staterooms actually) but by then it was no longer kids sale free and for us to move we would have to pay for the 2 free kids!! The total came to about $2000 more. Thanks but no thanks...

Mine is a bit opposite and probably is for the better, i tried to add my niece on my superior balcony but they refused, they only offered me one: a Family Suite, with my inexperience i obliged, but was taken a back after she tallied the final price, sensing that i was a bit reluctant she then offered that they also have a family inside stateroom available, we compared prices and there was $7-800 difference between the two, so i end up with the RFS instead, it took me a while to convince myself that i made the right decision, but some threads here were suggesting that it's worth checking it out.

Kinda like when I called to upgrade my room to a balcony from an interior. I looked it up online first, then called. They quoted me almost $1,000 more than what the price was online. I asked if that was the cheapest, he said yes, then I told him I got a different price online. The story quickly changed and he was able to give me the online price. It was kind of comical. Their prices change by the hour, I swear! I will watch online multiple times a day for days and the prices fluctuate ALOT even during the same sale/promotion.

I guess this shows you need your information prior to calling.

Valid point and advice, but knowing the way they operate and an existing reservation was already in place, one would hope that the Rep could have put the proper info into the reservation for the next Rep to pull up. Wishful thinking. So many times when I heard stories of group cruises, I'm greatful most of my reservations are my wife and I.

First sorry 'bout the confusion, I realized I kept saying 'cabin' where in fact i'm in a 'suite', I grabbed this room 'suite' during the KSF promo, I didn't even know that it even exists, so I was really oblivious(no online price) to the $pp and the regular rate of adding another guest. And just to recap, we first started out as a family of 4 on a Balcony when I brought my niece onboard, and this RFS was offered to me, presently i'm trying to add a 6th guest which i intend to do so in a few days leading up to the final pay date or maybe at the last minute(30 days before the sail date) I don't know, i have to scope CC about booking/adding guest in a suite Last Minute VS Before the final pay date.

First sorry 'bout the confusion, I realized I kept saying 'cabin' where in fact i'm in a 'suite', I grabbed this room 'suite' during the KSF promo, I didn't even know that it even exists, so I was really oblivious(no online price) to the $pp and the regular rate of adding another guest. And just to recap, we first started out as a family of 4 on a Balcony when I brought my niece onboard, and this RFS was offered to me, presently i'm trying to add a 6th guest which i intend to do so in a few days leading up to the final pay date or maybe at the last minute(30 days before the sail date) I don't know, i have to scope CC about booking/adding guest in a suite Last Minute VS Before the final pay date.

Depending upon how full the ship is, last minute could be a risk. If the ship reaches the maximum number of berths, they won't let you add another person, even if your cabin (or suite) could accommodate another.

Depending upon how full the ship is, last minute could be a risk. If the ship reaches the maximum number of berths, they won't let you add another person, even if your cabin (or suite) could accommodate another.

Point taken and thank you, if by any chance there is, does last minute usually have a better pricing?or does the price usually goes down after the final pay date?(a week or two after).