O Life House Select Beverage Package Question

san diego spartan

2 hours ago, Robjame said:

This is true if you originally bought the prestige package and didn’t get is as O life. We chose the  O Life  package and upgraded on embarkation to prestige.This did not count towards a discount.🤨

I read this as the OLife or the OLife with Prestige were not adequate to the discount for La Reserve.

I have just phoned Oceania and the rep (Dave) verified the following:

If you choose the beverage package as an OLife option you are NOT entitled to 20% off La Reserve.

If you choose the beverage package as an OLife option, upgrade to the Prestige package on board, you are NOT entitled to 20% off La Reserve.

This affects our decisions. The beverage package is no longer a slam-dunk choice for us.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Do the math

If you purchase the Prestige  package   for the 10 days  $600  PP 

You save approx  $20 PP  off the dinners 🤔

2 hours ago, Robjame said:

I have just phoned Oceania and the rep (Dave) verified the following:

If you choose the beverage package as an OLife option you are NOT entitled to 20% off La Reserve.

If you choose the beverage package as an OLife option, upgrade to the Prestige package on board, you are NOT entitled to 20% off La Reserve.

This affects our decisions. The beverage package is no longer a slam-dunk choice for us.

As Lyn said, it's not that much per person, unless you're doing the Dom Pairing. The saving would equal two doubles of good scotch or tequila. 

27 minutes ago, ORV said:

As Lyn said, it's not that much per person, unless you're doing the Dom Pairing. The saving would equal two doubles of good scotch or tequila. 

Good point Orv and Lyn, but as Jane mentioned above, the information being shared elsewhere on these boards is wrong and I am sure we all want to have accurate details to make decisions. I would have been disappointed, as Jane was, to see the full price on my statement at the end of the cruise. 

Price for La Reserve includes 18% gratuity which is not applied to the 20% saving so

20% off Odyssey or Bourgeoise menu saves us $45 US ($59 CAD) for 2

20% off Dom Perignon menu saves us $154 US ($182 CAD) for 2

and yes we were planning on the Bourgeoise and the Dom.

To us, the 20% off sweetened the OLife beverage package choice and was an inducement to doing some La Reserves again. For others, the bit saved might not matter as much.

6 hours ago, Robjame said:

Good point Orv and Lyn, but as Jane mentioned above, the information being shared elsewhere on these boards is wrong and I am sure we all want to have accurate details to make decisions. I would have been disappointed, as Jane was, to see the full price on my statement at the end of the cruise. 

Price for La Reserve includes 18% gratuity which is not applied to the 20% saving so

20% off Odyssey or Bourgeoise menu saves us $45 US ($59 CAD) for 2

20% off Dom Perignon menu saves us $154 US ($182 CAD) for 2

and yes we were planning on the Bourgeoise and the Dom.

To us, the 20% off sweetened the OLife beverage package choice and was an inducement to doing some La Reserves again. For others, the bit saved might not matter as much.

How long is your cruise? $120 a day buys it outright and you would get the discount on La Reserve. My way of looking at the package is not about what I would actually spend on drinks without it, but what all is available if I have it. 

2 minutes ago, ORV said:

How long is your cruise?

38 days but over Christmas and New Years so a lot of champagne and punch flowing.

It is 3 legs - 16, 12, 10 so I don't know if I can split them up.

In the past we've been able to purchase the package, or not, for each individual segment. I'm sure a lot might depend on the way it's booked. On our last cruise in Dec of 19 we were on a combo cruise. Waited a few days into the first segment and upgraded, then did the same a few days into the second segment, after the Captain's Welcome party and maybe the repeaters party. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORV said:

Waited a few days into the first segment and upgraded, then did the same a few days into the second segment, after the Captain's Welcome party and maybe the repeaters party. 

Exactly what I wanted to hear - makes sense to me.

A bottle of scotch and a case of wine for each leg should solve a lot.

57 minutes ago, Robjame said:

Elsewhere it has been written that the Beverage Packages can be purchased any day of the cruise. (I don't think I was dreaming).

It can be purchased up to the 3rd day of the cruise.

Once again, there is the company policy and there is what actually happens on the ship. I've upgraded with only 3 or 4 days left in a 14 day cruise. FWIW, I have never actually purchased the Prestige Package onboard. I've always upgraded as in most situations we take the Olife Beverage package as our perk.