Cooking demonstrations

Nursak

I read somewhere that there might be a cooking demonstration on our 7 day Alaska cruise on Carnival Legend next week. It said to book early because it fills up fast. Does anyone know if they do have that, and where we would sign up?

I can't answer any of your questions for the Legend,

But I did it on the Splendor and just walked up and was able to get in. Wasn't packed but was full.

As I usually do more cooking than my wife, I found it more interesting than her.

We did it on the Pride and loved it. We had front row seats. The room did fill up fast. There was no signing up. We saw it on the fun times and got up there about 15 mins early. We were on a 7 day departing on Sunday and Monday was our first sea day and that is when they had it. I believe it was about noon.

Wish they would change the dishes they make. Doing the same ones for years so we no longer go.

We had a port specific one on our MR Miracle Journeys cruise. The first night, after muster. It was repeated the second day up in the steakhouse. The three courses were then on the menu a few days later. Was actually able to recreate one of the recipes at home.

Edited by SadieN

We had a port specific one on our MR Miracle Journeys cruise. The first night, after muster. It was repeated the second day up in the steakhouse. The three courses were then on the menu a few days later. Was actually able to recreate one of the recipes at home.

Super, wish they would do this regularly:)

I read somewhere that there might be a cooking demonstration on our 7 day Alaska cruise on Carnival Legend next week. It said to book early because it fills up fast. Does anyone know if they do have that, and where we would sign up?

I have been searching the Fun Times I can find for our cruise. Found ones that included Glacier Bay, their steakhouse cooking demo was first full sea day at 11:39. Was listed in top ten things to do that day.

Somewhere m memory recalls there may also be a sushi demo. Watch for that too if interested. 6 days to go!

On the Magic, it was just show up and when all the chairs were full, the shut the door. Makes sense since they give out samples of everything and if they limit it to the number of chairs, they now how many samples to plate. We arrived 30 minutes early and had to wait a couple minutes to get in...and all the chairs filled within 10 minutes or so. This was on the Magic. Yes a bigger ship, but probably a demographic less interested in cooking than compared to an Alaskan cruise.

No worse than the Pizza guy or Deli gal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Pizza guy or deli gal can make different types of pizza or sandwich.

Steakhouse makes many different dishes you would think they would want to showcase more of them.

If every seat is filled, why would they change? There are still people being turned away.

The Princess cooking demonstrations are basically a comedy show and opportunity to sell cook books. There are no food samples but are still very popular.

On the freedom we got there 15 minutes early and it was already started...the time must have been misprinted on FunTimes LOL. Definitely worth trying. Lots of good food to sample and I agree with SadieN there's a TON of mushrooms and blue cheese and I don't like either particularly but dishes were really good nonetheless

I can't answer any of your questions for the Legend,

But I did it on the Splendor and just walked up and was able to get in. Wasn't packed but was full.

As I usually do more cooking than my wife, I found it more interesting than her.

We will be on the Splendor in October. Did you just see this in the schedule guide (sorry cant think of the actual name of it) that they give out to the cruisers? Thanks