Formal night and water question

WeddNcruise

What did y'all wear on formal nights?

Would a cute top on pants be okay? Or do I need dresses? I don't own but like one dress, don't like them. So wanted to ask.

Carnival use to allow taking ur water bottle case on board. I read that it's not allowed anymore? Did y'all pre buy water from the website or buy it on board?

Is there a price difference?

TIA!

Would a cute top on pants be okay? Or do I need dresses? I don't own but like one dress, don't like them. So wanted to ask.

This from the Carnival website. How well it is respected we do not know:

Main Dining Room(s)

Following is the dress code in the Main Dining Room(s) for both men and women and pertains to children as well:

Cruise Elegant Dress Code

Men: dress slacks, dress shirts, and we also suggest a sport coat; men may also wish to wear a suit and tie or tuxedo

Women: Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; ladies may also wish to wear an evening gown

Not permitted: Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, shorts, tee-shirts, sportswear, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

This from the Carnival website. How well it is respected we do not know:

Main Dining Room(s)

Following is the dress code in the Main Dining Room(s) for both men and women and pertains to children as well:

Cruise Elegant Dress Code

Men: dress slacks, dress shirts, and we also suggest a sport coat; men may also wish to wear a suit and tie or tuxedo

Women: Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; ladies may also wish to wear an evening gown

Not permitted: Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, shorts, tee-shirts, sportswear, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

You will find the website and Funtimes do not match. on the ship there is no prohibition on Jeans for elegant night, just cut off jean shorts.

As far as water; same price prepurchasing or buying on board; on board they charge 15% gratuity for delivery that is not charged if you prepurchase.

Edited by LMaxwell

Carnival use to allow taking ur water bottle case on board. I read that it's not allowed anymore? Did y'all pre buy water from the website or buy it on board?

TIA!

You'll be dressed just fine.

The water is $3.99 for 12 16.9L bottles. If you by beforehand that's the price, if bought onboard add 15% gratuity.

TIA!

Hi there

Your pants and top will be fine.

If you want to have water in your cabin when you board, order before. You can order more once on the ship for the same price. You are not allowed to bring "bottled" drinks onboard (cans only), except for one 750ml. bottle of wine for each passenger over 21 years old on embarkation day.

Unless you have a specific need/preference for bottled water, the water served on board is perfectly good to drink. We bring an empty water bottle to fill with ice water for when we go off the ship.

have a great cruise

Not trying to put you off but ,,,, there are lots and lots of long threads on "formal" dressing. There's even one posted on today. There are so many you probably don't need to search - just eyeball scan :) Reading through some of those will give you a real feel for dining room dressing:cool:

Ditto to the previous posts. I just wanted to add that as a returning Carnival guest, you'll get a large (ltr) bottle of water in your cabin for being a VIFP.

I prepurchased a 12 pack of waters for $3.99 for our last cruise. It was in the cabin when we arrived. The water from tap has been just fine. I only ordered bottled this time since we were going on an excursion in Mexico and wanted us all to have a couple bottles each to take with us.

You can still take on 12 cans (soda, water, juice) per person when you board. Take it with you in your carry on, not in your checked bag.