Panoramic oceanview rooms on the Explorer of the Seas

Wow! That looks very roomy indeed! And excellent views right from your bed! (Unless, of course, you are sleeping in the bunk room!)

Yes, the bunkroom curtain does face the entry door thus this space doesn't have a great view. That's the side wall of the bunkroom on the right side of the bedroom shot. :p

We were a family of 4 in a panoramic ocean view on the Explorer to Alaska in August. Cabin #1810. AMAZING views!!! Can't say enough about these rooms! There was plenty of room for all of us. Tons of closet space. You could even walk around the room and get to the bathroom when 2 extra twin beds for our teenagers were made up for the night. We had fantastic weather and did feel movement, but we all loved it. I actually felt more movement when we got off the ship! Only complaint I have is that we had one night of fog. Guess where the fog horn is! Yep!! Every 20 minutes all night long! lol That said, I would still book one of these rooms in a heart beat! Even over a balcony! They are that nice!

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my goodness!! "Luvbnmomto2" - I almost forgot about the fog horn night that we had!!!! It was awful!!!! Ours were only 8 minutes in between and it was SO loud!!! Luckily it was not first night of cruise, it was later in our week and we were all tired enough to sleep through some of it- but was definitely not a good nights rest!! Went on for like 5 hours and sounded as if it was right outside our window!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 months later...
It's kind of like a trundle. The couch part stays the same but another bed pulls out from underneath. My 14 and 18 year old said they were quite comfortable. You can separate them so they are not right next to each other....

Thank you so much!!! This is exactly what I was hoping the bed situation was. My mind can rest easy now knowing that Mum is going to sleep as comfortably as us. Thanks again!!! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had 1816 panoramic on the liberty recently and loved it. I liked being higher up as it felt like I was rocked to sleep at night. While it was nice being so close to the solarium pool it, we couldn't cut a cross at night to get to dinner due to wind (it'd mess up my lady's hair) other than that the view was spectacular and the room was actually alot roomier than other rooms I've had.

• 4 weeks later...

Just booked 1806 for Alaska '18 and very excited. Not happy to read about the fog horn!

We wanted a aft corner balcony, but they now require 3 guests and it's just the two of us. Not worth paying for a ghost (a no show 3rd guest). Looks like 1804 is a Family cabin. I hope they don't have loud kids.

Just booked 1806 for Alaska '18 and very excited. Not happy to read about the fog horn!

We wanted a aft corner balcony, but they now require 3 guests and it's just the two of us. Not worth paying for a ghost (a no show 3rd guest). Looks like 1804 is a Family cabin. I hope they don't have loud kids.

Oh no... what's this about aft corner balcony's requiring 3 guests?! Any more info you can provide or is there another thread I can read more about it?

Oh no... what's this about aft corner balcony's requiring 3 guests?!...

Royal has been recategorizing staterooms for some time now, and it seems they are extending minimum occupancy requirements on certain staterooms to more ships now.

Royal has been recategorizing staterooms for some time now, and it seems they are extending minimum occupancy requirements on certain staterooms to more ships now.

I've seen the new categorizations going out to ships (some of the deck plans are available now) but they didn't mention anything about reclassifying cabins as having a minimum number of guests...! I think we've moved into the JS category for the most part so we hopefully won't be impacted by this but it is very disappointing for balcony cabin cruisers in particular who get to take advantage of some of the very spacious cabins at the aft of the ship...

I know this isn't the time/place for it but the new categories of cabins is so confusing. They've introduced simply too many new categories for one to make heads or tails of it all!

... I think we've moved into the JS category for the most part so we hopefully won't be impacted by this ...

So far, I've not seen the the minimum occupancy requirements applied to a JS.

• 3 months later...

We booked for August 10, 2018 last month and will be staying in 1804. If that is your sail date, my girls are older teens (17 and 19 by the time we sail). I promise that they will be very quiet.

We booked for August 10, 2018 last month and will be staying in 1804. If that is your sail date, my girls are older teens (17 and 19 by the time we sail). I promise that they will be very quiet.

We are sailing in June. Remind me closer to sailing and we will try and get some pics of your cabin. 😉

We are booked in 1864 on the Liberty Dec 2018. I've been wanting to experience that room since they added the new panoramic rooms on deck 12! :D

You will absolutely love that cabin. We had a slightly larger one, the family panoramic, on the sister ship, the Freedom, in March. The view is the best I have seen on a ship. Only slight downside is the long walk to the MDR, but I still would take the panoramic cabin again in a heartbeat.

You will absolutely love that cabin. We had a slightly larger one, the family panoramic, on the sister ship, the Freedom, in March. The view is the best I have seen on a ship. Only slight downside is the long walk to the MDR, but I still would take the panoramic cabin again in a heartbeat.

Thanks! I can't wait! :hearteyes:

• 3 weeks later...

We just booked for 2018 and got a "spacious panoramic ocean view" 1872

The picture it showed while booking was of the big room with the separate sitting area... but now I'm seeing posts that that's a different room???

Why would they show a different picture?! Ugh!

The picture it showed while booking was of the big room with the separate sitting area... but now I'm seeing posts that that's a different room???

It is silly the picture is of the large deck 12 family cabin.

• 9 months later...

Yes - I agree. My cruise is next week and so I came here to do some research. Saw pics of the cabin and realized the picture they had online when I purchased was not correct. Super frustrating. Feels like a heck of a misrepresentation.