QM2 Cabin 6065

Navaleye

Naked on the Balcony:

What ever I was dealing with had no obvious physical form so a video would not have been that interesting. She would be very noisy except when the cabin steward came in, when she would go quiet. I did go to the shop to ask if they sold something like an MP3 player which had a recording capability but unfortunately they did not.

I've had a few emails from people asking me if this is a Halloween prank. The answer is "NO".

dc-farer, could you elaborate on the sound you heard? Was it always in the same place. Did the sound vary? If you had to describe it - how would you. Was it a finger nail type tap or metalllic or something else? Very curios. My sound usually came from right next to my bed, but high up near or in the ceiling.

I was in cabin 12040.

Early one morning, I was awoken with a distant voice.

Mark. Mark. i could here in the distance.

Anyway, i was intrigued, so I decided to investigate further. i left the cabin and took the first stairwell up onto the deck. Suddenly, there again I heard it.

Mark, Mark. A lot louder this time.

The moon was still out ,and there was a sea mist swirling round the deck. Really spooky.

I followed the voice along the deck until I came across a fenced off area.

Mark, Mark - there it was again on the other side of a screen and doorway.

Nervously, I peered round the doorway, expecting to see some ghostly spectre appearing out of the depths of hell.

Sat in the kennels was a dog with a hair lip! :D

dc-farer, could you elaborate on the sound you heard? Was it always in the same place. Did the sound vary? If you had to describe it - how would you. Was it a finger nail type tap or metalllic or something else? Very curios. My sound usually came from right next to my bed, but high up near or in the ceiling.

I would describe it as more of a finger nail sort of tapping -- not metallic. It would go on for awhile and then stop for a short time, then start up again. The sound didn't vary, except in its rhythm of stops and starts. It always seemed to be coming from the upper part of the balcony door -- possibly near the ceiling. I tried pressing my hand hard against the door and the door frame to see if that would stop it, but it didn't. Then I stepped out on the balcony to check if there was anything outside causing the sound, but again, no luck. It didn't once occur to me that it might be some sort of spirit. Otherwise, I would have been game to try to communicate with it, as you did. I just figured it was something loose in the ship somewhere....but it was strange that I couldn't ever seem to track down the source.

dc-farer,

That's it! you've met her. She was trying to get your attention. I had exactly the same thing - you'll know what it was next time. You may have heard some scratching sounds as well. Shame you didn't get to speak with her. Anyone else experienced anything similar?

• 3 weeks later...

Three people have reported "incidents" on this thread, my cabin was 6065, DC-Farer's was 6109 and Guernseyguy's was 6125. Take a look the deck plan below and plot the locations of the cabins concerned. All six deck, all starboard side and all very close to each other.

http://www.deluxecruises.com/cunard/queen_mary_2/deck_6.htm

• 4 weeks later...

In my attempt so quash the cerebral silliness that has pervaded this thread, I offer this very plausible hypothesis (other than the ones pointing towards food poisoning, shrooms, or just plain nincompoopery). I was on back to back crossings this summer in a hull balcony cabin on deck five. I also heard a tapping, almost clanking sound by the balcony door. However instead of blaming it on poltergeists, jesus, or silent bob, I found that the curtain pole (used to open and close the curtains) was hitting the wall with the motion of the sea. I later found a magnet on the wall which is supposed to hold the metal pole in place. Once I used the magnet, the ghosts seemed to vacate my cabin.

I've traveled on both QE2 and QM2, and it seems to me tapping sounds and creaking are just a normal part of being on a ship at sea, especially on an older ship like QE2. I have traveled a couple of times in very aft cabins on both ships, and they were very noisy. Also, on QM2 last spring, I experienced a constant banging, which no one on the ship seemed to be able to locate. It sounded like an open balcony door, but as I said, no one could find it.

However, I don't discount ghostly experiences. I have seen and experienced "ghosts". For example, in a boyfriends's mother's very old house (he and I were alone there), constant footsteps on the stairway, loud banging noises in empty rooms, curtains blowing up violently on closed windows, and lights dancing around with no possible reflection or light causing them...

A friend's deceased grandfather appeared before her to tell her of her grandmothers death at the moment it happened, and I myself have had experiences that made no sense from a rational scientific point of view. So there is something to it all. I dind't know the Queens were haunted however. Interesting.

Naked and Mollybrown, some things do have rational explanations and somethings do not. I've done well over 150 cruises now and I yes of course ships do make noises, but not like these ones! The QM2 is perhaps the quietest ship I know.

Someone sent me this a few days ago. If you compare the following to what I documented previously, you'll see an awful lot of similarities! Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all.

> HOW GHOSTS CONTACT US

>

> Ghosts connect to you by affecting one or more of your

> senses:

>

> VISUAL:

>

> Spirit manifests for you as an ectoplasmic being

> You look in a mirror and see an ectoplasmic shape

> though the ghost is not visible in the room.

>

> Electric lights or appliances flickering on and off in

> the room

> Peripheral vision - you see spirit out of the side of

> your field of vision.

>

> A object in the room moves - that is linked to the

> ghost - such a picture of the ghost when it was in a

> corporeal body.

>

>

> SMELL:

>

> Floral fragrances - which are the most common.

>

> A scent associated with the spirit. For example - if

> the spirit smoked cigars while in a physical body -

> you might smell a cigar scent in the room.

>

> TOUCH:

> A tickling sensation on your body - could be a kiss or

> a touch by spirit.

>

> A pressure on top of your head (which means the

> opening of your crown chakra to receive messages.

>

> A chill on the back of the neck or head---->hair

> standing up on your body.

>

> A cold breeze passing through the room.

>

>

> HEARING:

> Noise - Spirit turns on an electric appliance -

> usually linked to them.

>

> Rappings include thumping, knocking, tapping or

> bumping. In ancient times rapping was thought of as an

> omen of approaching death.

>

> Ghost phone calls from a deceased soul - usually a

> family member. It usually means that the deceased soul

> wants to impart a farewell message. Many such calls

> occur on days of importance such as Mothers Day,

> holidays or birthdays. People who have received phone

> calls from the dead report that the voices are often

> exactly the same as when the person was living. The

> telephone rings normally but the connection has

> static. The voice of the deceased tends to grow

> fainter as the call progresses. Sometimes the voice

> fades away completely. In some very interesting cases

> the call is placed long distance and connected by an

> operator. Checking with the telephone company usually

> turns up no evidence of a call on their records.

>

> Phone calls are sometimes placed to the dead as well.

> A person places a call to someone only to find out

> later that the person was already dead at the time of

> the call.

Navaleye...I really don't want to get into a "discussion" regarding the pros/cons of this type of situation...would just like to hear more about your experiences...as I do believe in them...as have many of my ancestors. Perhaps it would be appropriate to take this discussion off the boards and into the private sector? Let me know! LuAnn

Navaleye...I really don't want to get into a "discussion" regarding the pros/cons of this type of situation...would just like to hear more about your experiences...as I do believe in them...as have many of my ancestors. Perhaps it would be appropriate to take this discussion off the boards and into the private sector? Let me know! LuAnn

LuAnn,

We're these ancestors alive or spirits when they told you they believed in them! <LOL> I'm sorry, I just couldn't help myself!

I, personally, have no problems with you keeping this discussion on board! I'd love to read it and would find it fascinating. Clearly label the subject matter, and suggest up front that this is a discussion of experiences, not a debate as to the veracity.

We are a group of people who admittedly love old classic ocean liners. I think rumors of spirits and unsettled souls kind of go with the territory! If you don't like the romance of the sea, and I believe that is a part of the mystique, then perhaps Carnival and another board might be a better choice of venue?

I do not see this as a harmful discussion. If you don't believe, well, think of it like watching a dumb television show (most of which I find too utterly devoid of intelligence to even bother turning on the box) or a good murder mystery, many of which have equally preposterous premises, which nonetheless manage to all get wrapped up neatly in the end.

I'm not sure whether I believe or not, By the same token, (Not to open a can of worms, and no, please don't!) I am quite agnostic about the existance of a God- Any God! I don't say there is, but I don't say that there isn't either! But it harms me not at all, if others believe, or if they don't.

Karie

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it appears that one of my frequent trivia partners has experienced the ghost! The cabin next to them is empty. On enight, they called the steward. the lights were all on next door (inculding the balcony) and they could hear a banging. The steward turned off all of the lights and secured all doors. A while later they heard the banging again. Thinking it was the adjoining doors, they tried stuffing towels under the door in hopes of stopping it. The steward once more made sure all was secure.

Well, at this point in her tale-remembering this thread, I asked her cabin number. It was 6 deck

More later.

Please, please go on. I've always been fascinated by things of this nature. And I had an odd sensation of not being alone in my cabin on NCl's Norway on two different cruises, two different cabins. I never told anyone b/c I blew it off as my imagination. I would love to hear more though.

My posts pretty much give you all there is. Like I said I was not a "believer" in spirits in any way. Now I have no doubt at all. Until she made her self known to me, I had a strong feeling that I was not alone in the room, but would not say so for fear of looking stupid. Now I'm pretty much happy to tell anyone and leave it to them to decide.

What would be more interesting would be to hear other peoples experiences and see how they compare to my own. This entity moves from cabin to cabin so has crossed paths with many people, some of which must be frequent cruise critic visitors. So if you have an encounter please let us know.

She was quite happy to answer some questions but less happy to answer others, these are the ones that I did not get a clear answer to:

1. Why are you here?

2. How did you get here?

3. Are you here through choice?

4. Can you leave?

5. Can you move on? (my thoughts are she can't)

As I said in my posts, this entity clearly has a personality, Most of the time I found her happy and she clearly has a sense of humour (often lacking in us mortals). My friend who she throttled may have a different impression. She clearly wanted contact, I sensed she was genuinely excited to have me return to the cabin. Almost as she was saying "Hi what have you been up to, how are you" etc.

Other oddities that surprised me was the she said she slept. Sometimes when I went back to the cabin I got the impression that I had woken her up. One time I just said her nickname and said "Are you awake?" got a "no" back.

I quite quite believe their are ghosts on the Norway too.

Well I didn't know about that! I'm not sure if it makes any difference to me and I'm not sure its something I'd want to do. I certainly wouldn't do it without asking her first and if she said "no" then that would be the end of it.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived