excursion ideas for Eastern Caribbean?

leallison

we are headed on a cruise on Allure of the Seas to the eastern Caribbean on August 14th and we are just trying to figure out what to do. We have been to Nassau before years ago and did the dolphin thing.....so dont wanna do that again, we liked it but want to see something else this time. We are not finding much for Nassau. We are also only there for 7 hours so we cannot do anything too long. We love things like ATV rides and sailing and stuff like that. We sometimes like historical tours if they are interesting but otherwise a nice beach would be just fine if the beach had some things to walk to and do around it. My husband cannot stand just sitting in a beach chair and doing nothing (I like to but will have enough of that on the sailing day son the ship). I love beautiful views.

So, what is the best thing to do in Nassau?

We also have already been to St. Thomas/ St. Johns and I think last time we went on some sort of Eco/rain-forest bus tour which was nice but probably do not want to do that again. Since we have not been to St. Kitts before, which is the best area to explore and snorkel of the 3 places? St. Kitts looks amazing and large....and we have never been there before so I really want to make sure we make the best decision there (we were looking at the ATV tours as we love that sort of thing) there but it is only two hours so we could maybe fit in another type of excursion that day at St. Kitts as i believe we are docked for 9 hours there that day. I love any type of boat trip or sailing.

Ideas?

Yes I saw some of that but did not see anything i was blown away by. Also just wanted more up to date info as some of those posts are 10 years old.

Yes I saw some of that but did not see anything i was blown away by. Also just wanted more up to date info as some of those posts are 10 years old.

I also like the catamaran/sailing excursions, and that would be great from St. Thomas/St. John. Check Tripadvisor for excursion ideas, you may have difficulty choosing just one! Here is St. Kitts: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g147373-Activities-St_Kitts_and_Nevis.html

So only read the recent ones.

You can also look on http://www.tripadvisor.com

yes i did read the recent ones and got some ideas but not ones i was interested in. Trip advisor is what i normally use but cannot find anything i am wild about...plus it is nice to just get people's fresh opinions on this board...that is why there IS a community here.

yes i did read the recent ones and got some ideas but not ones i was interested in. Trip advisor is what i normally use but cannot find anything i am wild about...plus it is nice to just get people's fresh opinions on this board...that is why there IS a community here.

You can also ask for "fresh" opinions on those other forums. :)

How about picking up a guidebook at your local library? it will tell you EVERYTHING about the places you'll visit...the more info you have, the more fun you can have!! Most things require no excursion at all, but you must have info, first!

St Kitts: Thenford Grey is an outstanding tour guide. We did the grand tour, which was a balance of historical sightseeing and beach time. Google his name because I am having trouble linking to his website here.

Edited by DonnaK

We're doing the Thenford tours in st Kitts.... A tour of the island and beach time at the end. Nassau we went to the zoo last time... Going to blue lagoon this time... So much info here, no need to buy a book.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We're doing the Thenford tours in st Kitts.... A tour of the island and beach time at the end. Nassau we went to the zoo last time... Going to blue lagoon this time... So much info here, no need to buy a book.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

cool ideas. Thank you.