Steakhouse or MDR Steakhouse menu

We ate at the Steakhouse on the Breeze in May after going to the Cooking Demonstration. I was not impressed. The food at the demonstration was better, and the soup wasn't even on the menu. I thought we paid a lot for an average meal. Just a gripe, we got the desert to go as we were full (it was a large meal) and I felt they were kinda put out by that. I saw other diners take desert. They did not have silverware to take, told me I Could go to deck 10 and get some. But each person is different and has their own opinion on experiences at the Steakhouse.

I have done the Chef's Table twice and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Edited by wecamp

something is wrong with your post, the cooking demonstrations meals are served in the MDR. The Steakhouse has a fixed menu, they do not feature cooking class dishes. Two soups on the Steakhouse menu, Onion Soup and Lobster Bisque.

Edited by coevan

We went to the cooking demonstration in the Steakhouse on the Breeze and Magic. Somewhere I have the recipes they give. You get a sample of a mushroom soup, spinach salad, chicken dish with Mac and cheese. Sample tiramisu. So we booked Steakhouse and they total U.S. The don't serve the soup, just have it at the demonstrations. They have it on the first sea day, probably to promote Steakhouse booking.

Question: Does the "Steakhouse Steak" served in the MDR for the $20. upcharge get cooked in the Steakhouse galley, or the MDR galley?

Looking at the deckplans for (the Vista), the separation from the MDR suggests that the Steakhouse must have its own galley. So do they stock some of the better cuts in the MDR galley, or do they cook it at the steakhouse galley, and then 'rush' it over to the MDR?:confused:

Question: Does the "Steakhouse Steak" served in the MDR for the $20. upcharge get cooked in the Steakhouse galley, or the MDR galley?

Looking at the deckplans for (the Vista), the separation from the MDR suggests that the Steakhouse must have its own galley. So do they stock some of the better cuts in the MDR galley, or do they cook it at the steakhouse galley, and then 'rush' it over to the MDR?:confused:

Good question!!! I would like to know that, also.:)

Thanks everyone for your responses! I have made a reservation for late in the cruise (haven't gotten a confirmation back yet) in case I decide to go that way. What is stopping me from committing is the 2 to 2.5 hour length. I don't go to the MDR very often because I think it takes too long!

Oh well, I have the reservation if I want it and can cancel it if I don't -- I guess you could call it a win win for now.

Thanks again

On our last cruise, we were approached almost immediately upon boarding from someone taking reservations for that night. Evidently the first night is a free bottle of wine. We had an awesome time, the food was yummy. We reserved again for our cruise next week for the first night, and we plan to consider playing it by ear and going a second night at some point. We also have the cheers package from Galveston, so it's nice that the first night we can enjoy a free bottle of wine without paying for it. The Cheers package doesn't start for us until Day 2.

I have travelled both in a group and many times by myself and have enjoyed the steakhouse both solo and with friends. In my experience I have always loved my solo dining experience in the Steak House. The portions are large but that doesn't mean you have to finish every bite. Everything from the appetizers to dessert and yes the coffees as well make the experience very special and well worth the $35 upcharge. Do whatever you feel like and enjoy

Im booked for a solo sailing on the Pride October 9th and this thread has helped make my decision to enjoy the Steakhouse again.

Edited by Gari