Why is 3rd person more money??

umbrino

And like I said before for $30 more you could get a deluxe ocean view cabin on deck 1 that would have the third bed as a sofa instead of an upper. It would also have the 2nd bathroom. It is a larger cabin.

Also I assume the higher price is because the insides are in demand more. In that case they are less likely to have a price reduction. If you were to switch to the ocean view you might end up with a cabin costing less than the inside. It has happened before.

I guess this may not work because you are probably trying to keep both cabins near each other.

Pricing like this with the 3rd / 4th higher than the 1st and 2nd is to discourage maxing out the ship's lifeboat seat capacity with 3rds and 4th's who are most likely children who do not contribute to significant onboard spending and would leave a large number of doubles empty and unsalable due to the MaxPax.

This happens primarily at peak times like holidays, spring break and mid summer.

It can and does happen more frequently than most people think, especially during the summer months when more families are traveling .... being April, could be spring break.

I booked a lady on a Canadian cruise for three people that sailed in June. It was the same situation. Fortunately she had chosen the Early Saver rate and after final payment the rates for the third person start dropping quickly.