RC Visa

...The rest of our points I converted to OBC, which we probably will not use up, which will be applied as a credit to my card. ...

Don't let it go back on your credit card - you'll lose 2x the points for that amount. Go to Guest Services the last day of the cruise and they'll refund any remaining OBC in cash. When I did that, I left a small balance just in case I wanted something else. I got a credit back to my card of like $10 in the end and $750 in cash :)

No. Please don't use this card. Cruise credit cards are an awful value. You'd be better to get a straight 2% cashback card and cash it out to pay for your cruises.

Check out websites like The Points Guy for better options to get free travel.

I'll be paying for my upcoming cruise (over 4K) strictly using points generated over a 4-6 month period on cashback cards.

No. Please don't use this card. Cruise credit cards are an awful value. You'd be better to get a straight 2% cashback card and cash it out to pay for your cruises.

Check out websites like The Points Guy for better options to get free travel.

I'll be paying for my upcoming cruise (over 4K) strictly using points generated over a 4-6 month period on cashback cards.

I tried this kind of thing over on the Disney travel forums (Disney has a pretty bad ratio on their rewards card). But most people like to stick to their "branded" card whether it makes financial sense or not. ;)

(Also, keep in mind a lot of those rewards blogs are paid to promote certain cards over others. Might want to try flyer talk forums if you haven't already.)

I decided to get the RCL credit card after receiving their offer of 10,000 points after making first transaction on this card. I did so end of May and the points still aren't showing.

I read this re: their offer:

Bonus Points are credited to your account approximately 6-8 weeks after you qualify

Called Bankofamerica and points have not been put on yet. It is just over 8 weeks.

Has anyone else had a delay in getting their points?

Thanks

I booked a cruise before I got my card and paid the final payment with the card. Was told that as long as part of my cruise was partially paid for with the new RC card, I would get 10,000 points and these could be used for a $100 OBC on that cruise.

What I wanted to know is how long it took before others who signed up for this promotion actually received their points. I called Bank of America and they said no points have been posted yet. Also contacted RCL about this. Awaiting response.

I decided to get the RCL credit card after receiving their offer of 10,000 points after making first transaction on this card. I did so end of May and the points still aren't showing.

I read this re: their offer:

Bonus Points are credited to your account approximately 6-8 weeks after you qualify

Called Bankofamerica and points have not been put on yet. It is just over 8 weeks.

Has anyone else had a delay in getting their points?

Thanks

I got the points in 5 weeks.

There's a link that you have to visit and then then request 2 $50 OBC.

They coordinate the rest with RC.

Once I get home tonight, I'll post the link here.

It's the BOA link for your credit card.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I booked a cruise before I got my card and paid the final payment with the card. Was told that as long as part of my cruise was partially paid for with the new RC card, I would get 10,000 points and these could be used for a $100 OBC on that cruise.

What I wanted to know is how long it took before others who signed up for this promotion actually received their points. I called Bank of America and they said no points have been posted yet. Also contacted RCL about this. Awaiting response.

It can take up to two billing cycles after your first purchase is made. If it's been two billing cycles, then I'd contact B of A.

I've read this thread with interest so went ahead and applied for the Venture card.

I received it yesterday but haven't activated yet because the activation folks couldn't (wouldn't) tell me how points are redeemed but offered an 800 number to call.

Has anyone been through the redeemtion process with RCCL? How did it go? I would hate to give up some of my BoA RCCL visa points.

Thanks email directly at biomedbob59 at yahoo dot com :)

... Has anyone been through the redeemtion process with RCCL? How did it go? I would hate to give up some of my BoA RCCL visa points....

It's very simple, just use this website:

https://www.managerewardsonline.com/RMSapp/Ctl/entry?pid=grprwd&mc=RCCL

I also add the booking number in the comments field.

The perpetual sale at RC ruined what was once a decent card.

The only redeeming value for this card is that it has no annual fee. I keep it as a backup card, and use it for RCL purchases, at 2% return. Other than that its just a 1% card.

Oh, how I long for the days when NCL had a free card that paid a full 3%, plus some bargains when redeeming for a cruise - only problem was that you had to cruise NCL!

The question was how to redeem Venture Rewards, not RCCL Visa.

Been there and have the t-shirt and coffee mug! :)

It's really easy. You purchase travel on the card and then use the points to wipe out a portion or all of the charge. No hassles or hoops to jump through. 10,000 points equals $100.