Rhapsody Mediterranean review including compasses, photos, and more

Thank you for a fabulous review, I saw mention of ice cream parlour in the Centrum under snacks on the Compasses, for extra $$ - can you tell me anything about this, range on offer - I will be travelling with 2 children, ice cream is VERY important!!!

Lou :)

Thank you for a fabulous review, I saw mention of ice cream parlour in the Centrum under snacks on the Compasses, for extra $$ - can you tell me anything about this, range on offer - I will be travelling with 2 children, ice cream is VERY important!!!

In addition to the extra cost ice cream on the Centrum, there will be a complimentary soft serve ice cream (or frozen yogurt) station open during limited hours during the day.

Question for you Bermuda or anyone who knows ... The ship is scheduled to get in at 6:45am. Is it realistic for me to think I can walk off and be cleared by customs by 8am the absolute latest?

It's the one blip I made in my planning. I booked my train ride to Milan at 8:30am from Mestre. It does allow for one change before departure though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh man, you have hit the ice cream lotto on the Rhapsody :). The ice cream parlor serves 8 flavors of Ben and Jerry's. The costs aren't outrageous, but I don't remember the exactly.

HOWEVER :), there are two free venues for ice cream. Just outside the windjammer there are ice cream machines (vanilla, combo, and chocolate). These operate from about noon-sixish. I can not rave enough about this ice cream. I'd bet money it was actually a custard. VERY creamy, no icy texture like every single other ice cream dispenser I've ran into on a cruise ship. Seriously, DH picked this over hard packed and he is an ice cream connoisseur.

Third option is to make an ice cream sunday from the cart at the windjammer. They push around a cart with a flavors of ice cream and various toppings (chocolate, nuts, etc....). They make it right at your table. Normally this would be my thing, but did I mention they had incredible soft serve? :). Grab a little of the hot fruit cobbler (changes daily, cherry, berry, apple, peach, etc...) and then put a dollop of vanilla ice cream from the machine on it. YUMMMM!!!

Of course, during dinner hard packed ice cream is available from your waiter. Chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry daily with one other additional flavor plus a rotating sherbet.

You can check off the ice cream column on your trip preparation. You're golden :).

Question for you Bermuda or anyone who knows ... The ship is scheduled to get in at 6:45am. Is it realistic for me to think I can walk off and be cleared by customs by 8am the absolute latest?

It's the one blip I made in my planning. I booked my train ride to Milan at 8:30am from Mestre. It does allow for one change before departure though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't want to be a debbie downer, but I don't like this plan at all :(. I think you can get off the ship by 8 if nothing at all goes wrong. We docked closer to 5:00 a.m. and first call off the ship was right around 8:00ish so that fits.

However, getting from the ship to Mestra in 30 minutes is going to be challenging. I didn't notice how close the cabs can get to the ship, hopefully someone can answer that. But, if there is no cab pick up immediately at the terminal and you are forced to take the people mover to Plz Roma I do not think 30 minutes is anywhere near enough time. The people mover can get totally jammed. I'm normally a risk taker, and I wouldn't do this one. I highly recommend a plan B if you can't change your first plan. I do wish you luck though!!

PS: Our table mates paid to 'stick around' on the last day. They didn't need to leave the ship until 3:00 p.m. They had full use of the ship, including pools, bars, etc.. Maybe that is an option if the second train to Milan isn't until the early evening? Let me know what you decide please :)

^^^There were people who walked off around 7 AM on our sailing so it varies. If you are one of the early folks and no other ships disembarking at that time, the people mover should not be crowded and making to Mastre in 30 min is doable.

In addition to the extra cost ice cream on the Centrum, there will be a complimentary soft serve ice cream (or frozen yogurt) station open during limited hours during the day.

The complimentary ice cream was available from around 11am up until early evening around the pool area.There was vanilla chocolate or a twist of the 2. There were cones and tubs available.

The complimentary ice cream was available from around 11am up until early evening around the pool area.There was vanilla chocolate or a twist of the 2. There were cones and tubs available.

Was it just outside of Windjammer, like on Enchantment?

Both were working August 5-15. Sometimes they closed one side if it wasn't busy, but they had one person in charge of keeping them filled and working. Servers even filled up cups of swirl flavor and walked around offering them to people. Nice touch :). Did I mention this was super creamy ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both were working August 5-15. Sometimes they closed one side if it wasn't busy, but they had one person in charge of keeping them filled and working. Servers even filled up cups of swirl flavor and walked around offering them to people. Nice touch :). Did I mention this was super creamy ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We OD on it, 1 was never enough lol