Norwegian Breakaway Wedding Planning (for a friend)

Sprasa03

I'm going to be on the Breakaway the last week in August.

I'm not planning a wedding but my best friend is considering it. I know there's lots of info online and on this website and we'll be going through it all eventually but I was wondering if there was anyone I could talk to in - person about wedding planning? Maybe even get some paperwork/brochures to bring back to my friend after the cruise?

Just trying to take advantage of the fact that I will be on the ship this month and if there's anything I can do for my friend while I'm there, I will do to make it all easier for her.

I'm sure I can just ask guest services when I get there but I was hoping someone could give me some info before I board!

My GUESS is that you can't really talk to anyone on board. It looks as though it is really handled by a 3rd party. It looks to me that where the wedding takes place is based on size of party and availability. It says that location will be assigned some amount of time prior to sailing.

Last time I was on the Sky, we were docked next to a Disney ship. We could see a very nice looking wedding taking place on deck. Atlantis would have been the back drop for pictures. It was fun to watch and like I said, looked very nice.

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Norwegian_WeddingBrochure_050516.pdf

I'm going to be on the Breakaway the last week in August.

I'm not planning a wedding but my best friend is considering it. I know there's lots of info online and on this website and we'll be going through it all eventually but I was wondering if there was anyone I could talk to in - person about wedding planning? Maybe even get some paperwork/brochures to bring back to my friend after the cruise?

Just trying to take advantage of the fact that I will be on the ship this month and if there's anything I can do for my friend while I'm there, I will do to make it all easier for her.

I'm sure I can just ask guest services when I get there but I was hoping someone could give me some info before I board!

Do not waste your time, while on board. If you go to NCL website, there are group event coordinators(the telephone numbers are different than the main number). I would suggest that you or your friend calls the number on the website and gets this information directly from NCL. We have seen two weddings on BA, that have been in Fat Cats.

NCL weddings are done through a third party, in the past it was Weddings at Sea. Also consider if the ceremony is to be on board or at a port, and what kind of plan will be in place should the sailing not be able to make the port stop. A good idea is actually to be married in Miami (or home port) and those who don't want to sail can still see the ceremony.

thanks for all the advice - i thought there'd be a wedding coordinator or someone specific to get first hand info from but I guess not.

I found out that the third party who controls the wedding is called Royal Ocean Events and I gave my friend their website where she can check it all out.

I also suggested that my friend get married (at least by paper) in our state of NJ and then she can choose to do the ceremony on the boat or at a different location with less hassle. I don't actually know if she prefers to get married i port or over in Bermuda, Bahamas, etc.

• 2 years later...

Beware of your guest count. I am getting married on the Breakaway on May 5th and in the documents it states that the limit for non sailing guest is 50. If you go over 50 an exception will need to be made. The facts are that exceptions are RARELY made. When I was first checking into it I asked the wedding coordinator and she stated that if I go over 50 an exception will need to be made. Never saying that it is rare and I should not count on an exception.

So when I called with 87 non sailing guest the same wedding coordinator said that exceptions are rarely made but she would check. My request was denied. By the way, we have 21 sailing guest going on the cruise. So our options are to cancel, lose our deposit, and blow our budget or tell 37 of our family and friends that they can't come to the ceremony. With 11 weeks to go we feel trapped. I love Norweigian but I am very disappointed with the way they handled this. The wording in the documents should read... Exception are rarely made for more than 50 non sailing guest. We are devistated. 

6 hours ago, SeaBell said:

Beware of your guest count. I am getting married on the Breakaway on May 5th and in the documents it states that the limit for non sailing guest is 50. If you go over 50 an exception will need to be made. The facts are that exceptions are RARELY made. When I was first checking into it I asked the wedding coordinator and she stated that if I go over 50 an exception will need to be made. Never saying that it is rare and I should not count on an exception.

So when I called with 87 non sailing guest the same wedding coordinator said that exceptions are rarely made but she would check. My request was denied. By the way, we have 21 sailing guest going on the cruise. So our options are to cancel, lose our deposit, and blow our budget or tell 37 of our family and friends that they can't come to the ceremony. With 11 weeks to go we feel trapped. I love Norweigian but I am very disappointed with the way they handled this. The wording in the documents should read... Exception are rarely made for more than 50 non sailing guest. We are devistated. 

I have only been to one cruise ship wedding (son) and it was fairly small. I thought the option to have the amount of people you wanted and pay extra per person. I will say the venue was small and i cant see a huge group being comfy.

also had a niece get married on cruise ship.  We didnt attend. This is the thing you need to keep in mine, when you give the number to them you better have a firm answer from guest because that is how many you pay for and no shows still cost you.

The cost was not the a problem. It’s the vagueness in the brochure that leads you to believe that you can just pay for extra guest if you ask for an exception. I’m happy to pay for everyone. Plus we got the Manhattan Room which is the beautiful main dining room so space is not an issue. 

FED0BA41-968D-4B2C-A088-DEB9BEFFF670.jpeg