Explorer Superior Suite 780

We're booked for a 14 day in December. Hoping one (or more) of you CC followers spent some time in Suite 780 (or similar F1 Superior Suites) and could share your thoughts - or even better pictures?. Also, any of you who took one of the kitchen courses... what did you think?. Thanks to all for all the prior Explorer posts and pictures!

The cooking instructor we had on Explorer was the same one I had disliked on Oceania. IMO she had a fine temperament for running a pro kitchen, not so much an amateur cooking class. As to the room I had one in the 7xx range and well it had such "features" as a sometimes functional sanitation system, a bathroom and hallway door that required slamming to close and the new wonderful power management system (power dies to the room if you don't cheat the system - so no charging things while away). Did I mention that if the boat rocked and the sliding door to the closet was closed it would open/slam itself? The outlet in the bathroom for the razor was non functional, the marble in the bathroom and above the fridge was already stained and the light switches seemed to have been connected to things without rhyme or reason. Finally the way the windows were divided was rather strange (like a 90-10 split). I've never seen such a setup on a ship before and looked NOTHING like you see on Regents website. Also the shower started with hot water on day 1 and by 14 was cold water only. Guessing some of these will be teething issues. I hope.

I suspect that this was yet another maiden voyage issue that will soon be corrected.

Also, we had Chef Kelly on two of our cooking classes and enjoyed her very much. I understand that this is subjective. Just wanted to give another perspective.

Edited by Travelcat2

The sanitation seemed to be as that improved somewhat. The water temp seemed to be a ticking time bomb as other suites had the issue and it seemed to be time related but the staff knows how to fix it - so annoying until fixed.

Completely agree with you!

Google "999 photos of Regent Explorer" and you will see several photos of the Superior Suite.

Chef Kelly is a chef but now works exclusively as a cooking class instructor. Not sure why it matters if she is a capable cooking instructor. She has gotten great overall reviews from guests since her days at Oceania. We have had less and equally capable instructors but none better. She was particularly fun when we joined her on an excursion in France and another to choose the best of each type of the necessary ingredients (we each received 5 Euros to spend on our individual assigned ingredient) on a special excursion to an open farmer's market in Corfu prior to returning to the ship to use them for the class.

Edited by JPR