Liberty of the Seas Voom speeds

hi,

Speedtest today from Promenade, deck 5 by Guest services. location: Sea day just passing the southern tip of Florida. This will be my last update. Bob is correct, results are variable. I am off to continue enjoying this beautiful ship.

ping: 712 ms

down: 0.20 mbps

up: 2.03 mbps

Off topic: ship is great, crew has been friendly and helpful. Great communication from the captain before, during and since the itinerary change due to Earl. Godon and Gabriela (activities director and group coordinator) hosted the meet and mingle. Gordon was disappointed that over 50 CC members signed up, and only 8 attended.

image.jpg.20b7ecdcf18fd284ffad6051a10ab248.jpg

Edited by peach section

hi,

Speedtest today from Promenade, deck 5 by Guest services. location: Sea day just passing the southern tip of Florida. This will be my last update. Bob is correct, results are variable. I am off to continue enjoying this beautiful ship.

Off topic: ship is great, crew has been friendly and helpful. Great communication from the captain before, during and since the itinerary change due to Earl. Godon and Gabriela (activities director and group coordinator) hosted the meet and mingle. Gordon was disappointed that over 50 CC members signed up, and only 8 attended.

Man those speeds are sad to see. I purchases the Surf+Stream package for my upcoming cruise and was expecting to be better than that. Can you ask for a refund? Lol...

Edited by pacman85

Man those speeds are sad to see. I purchases the Surf+Stream package for my upcoming cruise and was expecting to be better than that. Can you ask for a refund? Lol...

Same here... For next week cruise. Hope it has some speed to it, sounds like it will be a major disappointment.

hi,

Seems odd to me that upload is significantly better than download.

No one's uploading ...

I'm sure I'll be stumbling around the deck at 3 o'clock in the morning on at least one night I'll try it then too

I guess that's good news for the Periscopers.:)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the in-depth discussion everyone. Ping speeds I know a little something about because my son is constantly complaining to me when he's trying to do on-line gaming....especially when we are streaming something at the same time on the TV such as Netflix. Apparently I am singlehandedly responsible for ruining his team's efforts at League of Legends due to 'lagging'. :p

Anyway, I wonder if the poor speeds posted by Peach Section were due, in part, to the fact there was a hurricane and lots of people were probably accessing the internet at the same time to view re-routing options, not to mention significant cloud coverage????:confused:

I don't know, but I'll find out in a couple of weeks and will report my findings too.

Thanks again :)

Anyway, I wonder if the poor speeds posted by Peach Section were due, in part, to the fact there was a hurricane and lots of people were probably accessing the internet at the same time to view re-routing options, not to mention significant cloud coverage.

Lots of people, yes, cloud cover, no - sat signal is usually not affected by cloud cover.

I was on Liberty last week. I got the one device unlimited basic internet package. It was decent enough for a FB update or a Southwest check in. I didn't try streaming, but I did watch a few clips on FB. The speed would change depending on where we were as it's all satellite based.

Speedtest results from last week.

I assume that was for the SURF package. There doesn't seem to be much throttling on the up link but the .5 MBs down is what others have reported. That would probably make for a really sucky interactive experience.

• 1 month later...