Ruby happy hour

Zeikah

Hi All,

Does the Ruby have happy hours? Thinking about a AIDP but its touch and go whether its worth it for us. If there are happy hours I think it wouldn't be worth it for us.

Also 1st time on princess. RCCL have lava flows which are our faves. Do princess have anything similar? I can's see anywhere that they do!!!:mad:

Thanks for your help.

Hi All,

Does the Ruby have happy hours? Thinking about a AIDP but its touch and go whether its worth it for us. If there are happy hours I think it wouldn't be worth it for us.

Also 1st time on princess. RCCL have lava flows which are our faves. Do princess have anything similar? I can's see anywhere that they do!!!:mad:

Thanks for your help.

Each Princess ship I've sailed in the past 2 years had a Buy One, Get one for $1 happy hour twice daily (3:00 & either 10:00 or 11:00) in one of the bars. My experience has been that both drinks need to be exactly the same. You could also purchase unopened sodas, beers or splits of champagne.

I've had a Lava Flow several times on Princess.

Edited by Astro Flyer

The BOGO happy hour is a good deal BUT, get there early. Whatever bar is having it gets crazy mad crowded and the servers get overwhelmed. Also you can go to the bar and get the drinks and then go enjoy them elsewhere which is what I recommend to avoid the crowds. Cheers.

Hi All,

Thanks for your help.

Happy hours, and location, can be found on the Patter.

The kid's menu has what's called a Volcano, which you can order. I haven't but I understand it's very good.

Based on post #2, it appears to be a rum cocktail, definitely not on the kid's menu.

But the Volcano on the kid's menu is very good.

Are you meaning the Pina Colada with either strawberry or raspberry puree on top? If so it seems there a multiple names for it as each cruise I have done had one.lol So I am guessing they will have it available too.

Edited by pixidustmom

• 1 month later...

Happy hours are more or less standard on any cruise and the buy-one-get-one (BOGO) for a dollar promotion -- normally held twice daily -- is a good deal (TIP: Get there no later than 5 min. past start time during the afternoon BOGO for a seat...).

Conversely, unless you are an extremely ambitious 4-5 a-day drinker (or money is no concern), the AIBP is a poor value. Even w/out a happy hour, you'll come out much better paying as you go (i.e., a glass of wine or two at dinner, martini nightcap - that sort of thing). Your liver will thank you. Alternatively you can split the difference and bring a Cocktail Caddy or two aboard with your favorite spirits, extending your happy "hour" for another 23....:) Discuss further merits w/out me - CHEERS!