How close to sail date

How close to sail date did you ever have to cancel your cruise?? My DH is having gastro problems due to increased medication for his blood pressure. We are to sail 8/13, however, we may have to cancel. We do have RCI insurance. Has anyone canceled this close to a cruise??

Thanks,

Carol

I'm sure many of us have had to cancel cruises near the sailing date. If your insurance will cover the medical condition, you should not have a problem getting a full refund.

I'm sure many of us have had to cancel cruises near the sailing date. If your insurance will cover the medical condition, you should not have a problem getting a full refund.

Agree with Bob. We have booked on Thursday for a Friday cruise and had an emergency happen requiring hospitalization.

We always get insurance!!!

I have cancelled the day before departure due to a covered loss. No problemo collecting once all required paper work was sent in.

Happened to us last year. I was in the hospital when I should have been boarding a plane to our departure port. As soon as I was out of the hospital, booked for this summer. Had insurance (thank Heaven-first time we had ever bought it!!) and got everything back (except the insurance cost)

OP: Hope your hubby is on the mend and you can enjoy another cruise soon.

How close to sail date did you ever have to cancel your cruise?? My DH is having gastro problems due to increased medication for his blood pressure. We are to sail 8/13, however, we may have to cancel. We do have RCI insurance. Has anyone canceled this close to a cruise??

Thanks,

Carol

Carol, sounds like your DH needs to go back to his doctor ASAP and get a different kind or strength of medicine. BP meds affect everyone differently so you usually need to try a few before finding one that (1) works and (2) doesn't give you horrible side affects. Good luck!

Carol, sounds like your DH needs to go back to his doctor ASAP and get a different kind or strength of medicine. BP meds affect everyone differently so you usually need to try a few before finding one that (1) works and (2) doesn't give you horrible side affects. Good luck!

Sandy:

We were in touch with the doctor. He had changed the dosage (my husband has been on this med for a while) to a higher dose. When we called and told him of what was going on he lowered the dose. His symptoms are going away and he is feeling better. Thanks for your post.

Carol

Hi Carol from Pittsburgh.....originally Clarion.....went to school in Pittsburgh.

Have had BP med issues too. One caused an allergic reaction which insurance company pharmacist said was not possible. He didn't know my system as it was possible. Am on Benicar for years now with no issues. Ask doctor to try a different med.

Have lots of gastro issues and saw my doctor this morning. That would never keep me from cruising. I just pack all my meds and sail on. The ocean is the best medicine ever for me.

Grace

Thanks everyone for your posts and concern. DH is doing fine, adjusted to lower dose of med. We decided to cancel the cruise because we have been on a whirlwind since April. We traveled with granddaughter for dance competition and then to Hershey to help daughter with a conference!! We just came back from NJ for a week at the beach!! This was on Sunday!! DH gets all out of "sink" and did I mention we have a cruise planned for Nov?? We have been on the go so I think these "more mature" (I never say OLD) people need to take a break right now!! We are blessed to be able to travel. I'll give DH a few months and then we'll go again (God willing).

Grace, nephew went to Clarion U. and I worked at Pitt!!

Thanks again,

Carol