Charging our FitBits!

carwen

Hi,

just wondering what plug ins are available for charging electronics? We are trying to pack light, so only bringing an I-Pad, but still want to be able to charge our FitBits. Can't waste all those steps visiting ports in Oct!

there was only one outlet in our stateroom on Conquest. We brought a 4 port USB Wall Charger and the cables needed for camera, phones and tablets (one android and 1 iPad). One device charged them all but it did take up the only available outlet.

Fortunately (or not depending on your POV) my wife had to get an extension cord from Guest Services for her c-pap machine and it had 3 outlets on it. That worked out great for us as we forgot to bring the multi-outlet plug adapter.

You are not supposed to bring anything that has surge protection built-in like many power strips do. You usually CAN bring a multi-plug outlet adapter.

edit~ lol, just saw "Vista" I think they are more electronical-friendly - I can't remember if it was all cabins or just suites but at least some rooms have USB ports built into the outlets in addition to the usual electrical outlet.

Edited by originalgeek

When we travel, we are normally in airplane mode. We can't check the number of steps but as long it it is charged, you will still get the vibration when your goal is reached. We don't do a web package. Sometimes the unknown reach for the goal adds to the fun!

Edited by kscaf1

Mine syncs via Bluetooth

Ours sync via Bluetooth (the Fitbit charge) but it can't sync without a connection to Internet because it stores it on Fitbit's servers I guess.

It still stored the data on the Fitbit and synced fine after 6 days on our recent cruise. Wasn't sure how many days it could store without syncing. It was weird with flights of stairs on the Liberty not sure if it was the movement constantly or what but it worked well still.

Ours sync via Bluetooth (the Fitbit charge) but it can't sync without a connection to Internet because it stores it on Fitbit's servers I guess.

It still stored the data on the Fitbit and synced fine after 6 days on our recent cruise. Wasn't sure how many days it could store without syncing. It was weird with flights of stairs on the Liberty not sure if it was the movement constantly or what but it worked well still.

We did a 10-night cruise this past March and it stored all 10 days. It DID take a while for it to sync up once we got back to port, but it was fun to see just how all the days looked together.

I agree about the flights of stairs. One day early in the cruise I checked my flights of stairs and it said 127 :eek: I knew I was taking the stairs a lot, but no way I had done that many flights. We figured that the up/down motion of the ship coupled with walking so much had to skew that stat. On each of the days of that trip I had no fewer than 80-90 flights.