Orlando Hotel for Port Canaveral Magic Cruise

lelder1

I am looking at a cruise on Magic out of Port Canaveral for next spring break. All hotels in Cape Canaveral or Titusville seem super expensive. Has anyone ever stayed in a hotel in Orlando before a cruise out of port canaveral? I can get rates near the airport in Orlando for half the cost of staying near the port. We are driving down so will have our own car.

There are many good hotels near Orlando. Since you are driving I would get an early start to the port. Traffic can be bad coming from the Orlando area. Also check Melbourne Florida area. It is not the far from the port.

Directly as you leave the Orlando Airport is hotel row.... South Semoron Blvd. Lots of nice places from Country Inn and Suites to the Renaissance and everything in between. What type of hotel are you looking for? There are also plenty of food choices right in that area from Denny's to Bonefish Grill

I am looking at a cruise on Magic out of Port Canaveral for next spring break. All hotels in Cape Canaveral or Titusville seem super expensive. Has anyone ever stayed in a hotel in Orlando before a cruise out of port canaveral? I can get rates near the airport in Orlando for half the cost of staying near the port. We are driving down so will have our own car.

This post will be moved to the Homeport page - Florida Ports. Scroll down on home page of CC and you'll find it.

There are dozens of options along International Drive, some for even less than $50/night; this might be useful if you want to check out some attractions beforehand; you will have numerous dining options within walking distance.

You can also hop on SR 528 from I-Drive, which is the toll road that pretty much takes you straight to the port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last cruise, we drove down and stayed in Orlando. Since Orlando has the second most hotel rooms in the US (Las Vegas is first), you can find affordable lodging almost any time of the year. Once we reached the Florida border, we Hotwired a room by the airport for about $80. Turned out to be the Ramada. The next morning, we hopped onto SR 528, and made the port in a little over 30 minutes.

I'll be traveling with a group of 12 in a few weeks. We're all staying at different hotels around MCO and then using Cortrans to take us to Port Canaveral. From what I've read, as long as you leave early enough you should be fine. I guess the only problem is if there's an accident on SR 528, it will lock traffic up pretty bad.

Great info - just what I needed. I made a reservation at the Homewood Suites at the airport. We will definitely take the advice and leave early too. Thank you!

Love that Homewood Suites! Stayed there last two early am flights. Just a reminder...On the 528 headed toward the port when you approach our tolls....if you do not have a FL toll transponder....you will need to be in the right lane to catch the change of lanes to the cash toll area. If you stay in the straight running lanes with traffic...you will get an unpleasant surprise from our toll authority when you get home.

The Magical express is a great option...if you want to go back and forth to the airport from Disney hotels. If you are looking to go to PC you must take a Disney Cruise.

Yes. They will allow you to take it back to the airport even if you don't have a flight scheduled. We took it to meet the Carnival shuttle that took us to the port. Disney really has their stuff together when it comes to transpiration