Mid-October Quebec to NY?

gwesq

Cruise would leave Quebec Oct 18.

Has weather up north been warmer than usual? Wouldn't that result in later than normal colors?

I guess it is impossible to know for sure, but just looking for probabililties. And wondering if the colors can be seen while cruising, or whether land excursions are necessary in Gaspe & Baie-Comeay?

I agree with the previous poster. That is what I heard for Québec also. I have never cruised in the fall, so I cannot say if the colours are visible from the shore near Gaspé and Baie-Comeau. Here is a good post from last year with informative links. They haven't posted the colour map for Québec yet but they will eventually.

"New England/Canada fall colors":

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...ghlight=colors

The third week in October would normally be great for Cape Breton (Sydney is the port) but with the drought the trees are stressed and they may turn colour earlier. You will just have to wait and see. You did pick a good date for a normal year.

Edited by maryann ns

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for info.

We don't stop in SYdney. We go straight to Bar Harbor from Gaspe. I guess it's just a crap shoot.

I've checked your itinerary against the interactive fall foliage map at the Yankee Magazine web site. The cruise ship arrives in Bar Harbor on 10/22. Unfortunately the map show that you will be visiting BH and as well as Boston at past peak, YMMV.

SBtS