Westin Seattle To NCL Pearl Pier

Buzz12607

I hope this is the correct place to post this.

My wife and I will be on the Pearl next month for our first ever cruise. We're staying at the Westin Seattle the night before.

If you were us, how would you get to the pier? I believe it's Pier 66? Walk with bags? Lyft / Uber / Cab?

Also, I believe the ship starts boarding at 11:30 a.m. If the ship leaves at 4:30p.m., is 11:30 a good time to load? I'm not sure of what the lines are like at that time, but it seems like boarding that early would give us time to get somewhat familiar with the ship.

Thanks in advance for any help.

For transportation, just go down to the valet and grab a cab. There will be plenty waiting. The valet is located on the Westlake Ave side of the hotel.

Do not walk. It is farther away than it appears.

Your all aboard time is typically two hours prior to departure.

Arriving at 11:30 for security and check in would be fine -- crowded, but fine. Boarding starts around noon.

Edited by triptolemus

Use a taxi to the port.

We always show up at the port around 10:30 to minimize the wait to checkin. You will get a boarding number. The ship boards by groups starting around 11:30. Enjoy your first lunch at the buffet starting at 11:30 or main dining room starting at noon. Get to know the ship and enjoy! We're leaving on the Jewel from Seattle next week.

I hope this is the correct place to post this.

My wife and I will be on the Pearl next month for our first ever cruise. We're staying at the Westin Seattle the night before.

If you were us, how would you get to the pier? I believe it's Pier 66? Walk with bags? Lyft / Uber / Cab?

Also, I believe the ship starts boarding at 11:30 a.m. If the ship leaves at 4:30p.m., is 11:30 a good time to load? I'm not sure of what the lines are like at that time, but it seems like boarding that early would give us time to get somewhat familiar with the ship.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I just came back today from the same cruise you are going on. Yes, you are going from Pier 66. Call the Westin directly and ask them how far they are from the pier and what do they suggest. That is how I handled it with my hotel. I signed up for the 11:30 boarding which is the best. You are the first getting in and there are no delays in the on board processing yet. You also get to walk around the ship and have lunch. Listen for the announcements as we were able to get into our rooms early, as first checking in get their luggage first as well. Have fun!

We have stayed at the Westin several times. We always use http://www.flatrateforhire.com. It is like a regular taxi but less expensive. The cost from Westin to Pier 66 is $7 + tip. I am usually antsy to get to the pier so we leave the hotel around 10:30 and hope to get on board by 11:30 or so. Have fun on the Pearl--she is my favorite ship.

We stayed at the Westin for our recent cruise that departed July 1. The room was quite comfortable and the hotel was well located. But, they were renovating the elevators and the morning of our departure it literally took 25 minutes to get to the lobby from our room. If they are still having these issues, you might want to factor this in, especially if you will be calling for a car service. Regarding taxis at the hotel when we were heading to the port, the only ones readily available (without waiting additional time) were Toyota Prius, which have space limitations that might not make them a suitable option depending on number of passengers and amount of luggage.

First cruise. Get to the pier at 10:30. Check in should have begun or will shortly. You'll be ahead of the crowd. Then when boarding begins about 11:30, you'll have a low number boarding call. Go on board, eat, drink, people watch, explore the ship, and let the vacation begin! I hope you love it as much as we did. The Pearl and Alaska was our first one. Be careful. It's very addictive. We've done many since. The Pearl has a Great Outdoors, a good breakfast place. She has a Spinnaker Lounge, super place to relax and look out. And port side of deck 11, all the way forward, a bridge viewing room. Love the Pearl. Have two more cruises already booked on her.