BBQ now open on the Vista (deck 5 lanai)

Velvetwater

I couldn't find any info about this in reviews or on here so thought I'd post. It was a lovely surprise for me on board. I would rate as one of the best eats on board but I do love bbq!

Not sure if it opened on our cruise or a few cruises before.

Just off the Vista and the space for guys BBQ is now open (although not labelled as Guys of course just 'BBQ on the lanai'). It was open on sea days 12-2.30 and was delicious. It seemed to have the same items as the new BBQ on the conquest rather than Fat Cs and is ideally placed just off the Ocean plaza.

Menu (seemed to be the same every sea day)

Pork Butt

Chicken breast (dry rubbed)

Smoked Beef

sausages

Smoked Turkey with collard greens

Mac N Cheese

Potato Salad

Coleslaw

Molasses Baked Beans

soft brioche buns

Sauces:

Brown Sugar

Kansas City

Sriracha BBQ Sauce

Random hot sauce bottles taken from the Red frog

That's great news! I was just wondering, though: What are Kansas City BBQ sauce and Sriracha BBQ sauce? (We don't get a lot of BBQ here in Massachusetts!). Is there an extra charge for this venue? Thanks so much for letting us all know about it

They had this on sea days for our 7/19 sailing as well. Hardly anyone knew about it. We were usually camped out with our books outside Bonsai sushi on the comfy couches and we could just walk down and grab a bite whenever we wanted. Great addition!

I couldn't find any info about this in reviews or on here so thought I'd post. It was a lovely surprise for me on board. I would rate as one of the best eats on board but I do love bbq!

Not sure if it opened on our cruise or a few cruises before.

Just off the Vista and the space for guys BBQ is now open (although not labelled as Guys of course just 'BBQ on the lanai'). It was open on sea days 12-2.30 and was delicious. It seemed to have the same items as the new BBQ on the conquest rather than Fat Cs and is ideally placed just off the Ocean plaza.

It's been open on all of the sailings from what I have read and heard---it was definitely open on our sailing on June 21st. The problem is that it is only open on sea days, and hardly anyone knows about that...

Now Turkey has been pulled on our forthcoming cruise 1st Oct, at least we have a second sea day with the BBQ and brunch to look forward to !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So, they are going to have BBQ pulled turkey too? I was hoping for a pulled pork sandwich but that will have to do.

THe Lanai BBQ is a standard on the Dream Class (Dream & Magic) as well as the Vista. Not sure if they have it on the Sunshine. It is always great because it isn't well known. So it is rarely busy. On Caribbean cruises with more sea days, people tend to learn about it and the last sea day is much busier than the first.

We are on the 9/3 sailing on the Vista and are looking forward to the Lanai BBQ. Now with two sea days instead of one.

So, they are going to have BBQ pulled turkey too? I was hoping for a pulled pork sandwich but that will have to do.

I'm pretty sure OP meant that his cruise was originally scheduled to dock in Turkey but with the current unrest there Carnival has opted for another sea day instead.