California Coastal Question

gatorguy56

Can someone who has been on a California Coastal cruise in the last couple of years answer this for me? What nights did you have your two formal nights? I anticipate the first one will be on the second day of the cruise (a sea day) but the second sea day is the last day. We want to make reservations in CG for the night of the "All American" menu which is usually the last night. Thanks for any input!

Can someone who has been on a California Coastal cruise in the last couple of years answer this for me? What nights did you have your two formal nights? I anticipate the first one will be on the second day of the cruise (a sea day) but the second sea day is the last day. We want to make reservations in CG for the night of the "All American" menu which is usually the last night. Thanks for any input!

What ship? How long?

The last night of a cruise is never a formal night.

You can not make reservations until after you board. Therefore, look at the Princess Patter on boarding day and you will be able to see which evenings are the formal ones. Make your reservations accordingly. You are correct. On just about every week to ten day cruise I have been on the last evening is "American" night in the DR.

Thanks so much for the patters! We'll be making our reservations when we get on the ship. This is our 5th Princess cruise and second on the Grand. I was really happy to check Steve Moris's website and see he will be performing on our cruise. If you've never had a chance to see him, we thought he was great! (former guitarist for the Beach Boys and a comedian...he was a hoot!)

The last night of a cruise is never a formal night.

My husband and I just took a cruise of northern Japan on the Diamond Princess and the last night of the cruise was a formal night. I have never seen that done before on a Princess cruise. Fortunately, we were on a B2B so it didn't make much difference to us. There were many people dressed in formal clothes, so I guess they were doing the B2B too, or put their suitcases out later, or made some other arrangements for their formal clothes. On the next leg of the cruise, the formal night was on the last sea day which was not the last night of the cruise.

Thanks,

Arlene

Edited by moodyb1

My husband and I just took a cruise of northern Japan on the Diamond Princess and the last night of the cruise was a formal night. I have never seen that done before on a Princess cruise. Fortunately, we were on a B2B so it didn't make much difference to us. There were many people dressed in formal clothes, so I guess they were doing the B2B too, or put their suitcases out later, or made some other arrangements for their formal clothes. On the next leg of the cruise, the formal night was on the last sea day which was not the last night of the cruise.

Thanks,

Arlene

Thats terrible. :(

Thanks,

Arlene

Very unusual.