First deployment forecasts from summer 2018

shipfriend_max

For Europe the schedule should be clear more or less.

The cruise list of Gibraltar http://www.gibraltarport.com/schedules shows Caribbean and Crown Princess calling frequently at Gibraltar in 2018.

Caribbean Princess seems to sail from Southampton in 2018 and overtake the Europe sailings from Corwn Princess, while Crown seems to sail on the 7 night Med itineraires, operated by Royal Princess in 2017.

Royal Princess seems to switch to Southampton for the British Isles, and Regal Princess surely sails from Copenhagen to Scandinavia and Russia again...

I think the summer Alaska and Europe deployment for 2018 should be out by Dec 2016, if Princess follows the same pattern as last year.

I am wondering why the partial canal cruises on Caribbean Princess are slightly cheaper than on Coral or Island.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi would that include cruises for Xmas/new year for 2018

Excellent!! We are looking at Baltics for May 2018 but we aren't crazy about the Royal or the Regal. Fingers crossed that a different ship gets moved there. That will vault Princess back to the top of contention.

In the same boat as you. Wish they'd put a smaller ship in the Baltic region for 2018, but I'm okay with the Regal too. Will be fun to compare the different itineraries, ships and cruiselines to see which one 'wins' our business. ;)

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

In the same boat as you. Wish they'd put a smaller ship in the Baltic region for 2018, but I'm okay with the Regal too. Will be fun to compare the different itineraries, ships and cruiselines to see which one 'wins' our business. ;)
The Pacific has been doing a couple of Baltic cruises in recent years.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think the summer Alaska and Europe deployment for 2018 should be out by Dec 2016, if Princess follows the same pattern as last year.

I am wondering why the partial canal cruises on Caribbean Princess are slightly cheaper than on Coral or Island.

I know you asked this question over a month ago but I'll take a wild guess: would it have something to do with which locks Caribbean Princess would have to use versus those other two, smaller ships? :confused:

Edited by joepeka

Usually in recent years also other ships have done Baltics.

From Southampton one Grand-Class ship (Crown, Emerald, Caribbean) has done two cruises from Baltic, and Pacific from Dover as well.

In 2018, it looks like Caribbean will sail from Southampton and also offer two Baltic cruises. [emoji5]

• 2 weeks later...

Hello folks,

today I found advices that Sapphire Princess should sail from Southampton in 2018, those ones served by Crown Princess in 2017.

She is currently listed at Gibraltar and Geiranger:

http://www.gibraltarport.com/schedules

http://www.stranda-hamnevesen.no/cruise-calls

Since she is listed in Gibraltar in Oct. 2018, she does not appear to sail the Canada/NE itineraries with Quebec, as Crown does next year after her Southampton season. Any dea which ship could do so?

Maybe Caribbean? She could be operating from NYC a summer season, so why not?

Second ship sailing from Southampton in 2018 should be Royal Princess (British Iles), but I do not imagine she is going to serve on the longer Canada/NE runs with QUebec...

Edited by shipfriend_max