Cheers package out of Galveston

zdub86

Hello. I have heard about Texas being more strict when it comes to alcohol on the first day, and the cheers package actually not even going into effect until the 2nd day. Does anyone have any information on this? Are you allowed to drink any alcoholic beverages out of Galveston on the first day??

Hello. I have heard about Texas being more strict when it comes to alcohol on the first day, and the cheers package actually not even going into effect until the 2nd day. Does anyone have any information on this? Are you allowed to drink any alcoholic beverages out of Galveston on the first day??

You can drink alcohol on the first day, just not using the Cheers package (that won't begin until day 2). You will have to purchase "by-the-drink" on day 1.

Hi, We always cruise out of Galveston and always purchase Cheers. The package is not available until the second day of the cruise, but you are allowed to purchase alcoholic beverages as soon as you walk on board! You are charged for each drink you purchase that first day. Have a wonderful cruise!

Cheers is not available until the 2nd day.

A limited selection of alcohol (but all types) is available upon embarkation but they have to be taxed stamped. But after the ship is at sea, they bring out the full selection of liquors and wines.

• 4 months later...
I know this is an old thread, but since Cheers doesnt start until 2nd day, do i need to bring soda/water bottles on for the first day? I know we are allowed 12 cans, or something like that.

No bottles allowed anymore. You can bring a 12 pack of canned soda.

Carnival sells a 12 pack of water for $3.99 which is a bargain in my opinion.

You can order this on-line to be delivered to your room or you can order on board.

Hi, We always cruise out of Galveston and always purchase Cheers. The package is not available until the second day of the cruise, but you are allowed to purchase alcoholic beverages as soon as you walk on board! You are charged for each drink you purchase that first day. Have a wonderful cruise!

We're sailing out of Galveston, and this will be the first time we've pre-paid for the Cheers package.

What do we need to do, if anything, on the morning of the second day to "activate" Cheers? Or can we just go the the coffee bar and it will work?

Thanks.

-peabody304

We sail out of New York and it has the same rules. When we went to the bar the first day, they put the sticker on our card and the drinks we ordered were just charged to our S&S account. At 6am the next morning Cheers started. Nothing else was required.

Edited by bburk00

We're sailing out of Galveston, and this will be the first time we've pre-paid for the Cheers package.

What do we need to do, if anything, on the morning of the second day to "activate" Cheers? Or can we just go the the coffee bar and it will work?

Thanks.

-peabody304

Go to the lobby bar, they will take care of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app